KH1/KH7Z Baker Island

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Jun 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K1ZJH

K1ZJH Ham Member QRZ Page

They never said only ATNO.

I infer you don't understand DX'ing is competitive sport? Guess they should hand out competition
    trophies for NIL.

Again, you'll live.

2. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You got me thinking. . . Dug thru my old cards from a previous life - too bad I lost a boatload of cards in various moves over the years :(
    Counting the old ones I'm probably north of 300 - someday may even apply for DXCC :)

upload_2018-7-4_10-39-43.jpeg

3. K1ZJH

I worked Athos many years ago... that is one contact I would NOT duplicate, unless a major DX-pedition went there, which will never happen.

4. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's the 2nd time I have heard him on in the past year and no joy both times but both times I got in late.
    I set an alert on IDX app so next time he is spotted I'll have a heads up.
    1st DXCC was in the early 80's, been working the last 5 years to get on the honor roll and ever so close now!

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess the Socratic method doesn't work for you...

N6NGR did (say he said he worked the KH1 on multiple bands as "2 ATNOs").

That was the comment to which I clearly referred. Hopefully that is clear to you now and I'll ignore the rest of your post as argumentative.

6. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Each entity can only be an ATNO for one contact. Any other contacts are just band fills. I swore I wasn't gonna work them past one contact, just to give others a chance. I got them on 20 CW last night but no upload yet this morning so when I heard them on 30 CW I worked them again. I guess one insurance contact on a different band isn't being too greedy. All I wanted was the ATNO. I figure at least one of the two likely made it in the log correctly. Still no upload.

K1ZJH likes this.
  7. K1ZJH

And again, you belittled a guy for having worked them on two different band modes:

I wonder how widespread is the misconception that asking people to limit themselves to an ATNO qso translates into duplicate qsos on different modes/bands.

Nice deflection. I guess none of us realized you were the spokesman for the DXpedition. Regardless, congrats to N6NGR for making his two contacts.

8. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't understand but that's okay, "you'll live"

9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually got FT-8 to work this morning, and called them on 80. But there were millions of JAs stronger than me. So I am SOL. they went QRT at 1200Z, but just before then I worked them on 40CW. so I have them on 6 or so band modes. BUT NADA on Digital!!

K1ZJH likes this.
  10. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad you got it working finally!
    I have just started actually using it. I got it set up many months ago but never did anything with it until the last couple of days. Sure are a lot of people using it on 20 meters!
    It isn't my favorite thing to do but I don't dislike it. It is just a bit mindless to me and I do get impatient waiting for it to do it's thing sometimes. I do like RTTY better.

I never heard the KH1 on FT-8 or RTTY when I could listen and they were on. I worked them on 17 which was a new band fill and 20 phone and CW. Never heard them on other bands well enough to even try. Wouldn't have thought it would be that tough to work KH1 from here. Probably would have been better in the winter months...Oh well!!