KH1/KH7Z Baker Island

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Jun 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

i could hear hte signal but my rig's built in decoder wasnt touching it... guess I need to actually use some software :)

... as long as I'm in their log with CW, I'm happy !

2. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

They've announced they are going QRT early - on 7/4.

3. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's not good. Only heard them a couple of times up here. They are the best on 40 meter cw around 0900 UTC. I heard them when they first fired up this morning and called several times before the hordes of US operators got going...if they just went for NA at that time I might have had a chance. Instead it was JA after JA after JA :(

4. WB9LUR

WB9LUR Ham Member QRZ Page

They have good ears. Last night I could barely copy them on 20 meter phone but they heard me! After days of trying CW with no luck - I got through on SSB after just a few calls. 100W and ground mounted vertical here.

5. N6RGR

N6RGR Ham Member QRZ Page

I am running a 100 watts into a ZS6BKW dipole at 40-feet. I have managed to get two contacts: one on 20-meters SSB and one of 17-meters SSB. I have tried for CW contacts on 17 and 20 with no luck. I am still trying to get WSJT-X 1.9.1 to work for a FT8 contact. I at least have two ATNO contacts.

Roger N6RGR

K1ZJH likes this.
  6. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Landed them almost by accident this am on 30M. ATNO :)
    Got up early because the dogs were bugging me to go out. Decided to see if they were on. Up to now I was never able to really copy them on any band but there they were on 30M - about an S5 at 6:30 eastern.
    Happy days!

Still wasted an hour trying for the Mt Athos stn a couple of days ago. That would have been another new one but the EU wall was bigger than my dipole.

7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

KH1 was no problem for me but Mt Athos was a zoo. He was strong but only working a very small split, and his contact rate was low . With his strong signal I thought I would get him for sure but tried for 15 minutes and he went QRT.:(

Need 4 more for honor roll and really wanted Mt Athos!

8. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder how widespread is the misconception that asking people to limit themselves to an ATNO qso translates into duplicate qsos on different modes/bands.

9. K1ZJH

K1ZJH Ham Member QRZ Page

There are DX awards for different modes and bands. You'll live.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  10. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm well aware of that and have a few. I infer from your comment that there is a misconception of what the term ATNO denotes.

ND6M likes this.