ad: M2Ant-1

KH1/KH7Z Baker Island

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WB9LUR, Jun 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
  1. WB9LUR

WB9LUR Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

For the U.S., the "fierce" qrm on any Pacific expedition du jour is usually off the back of our beams.
    If you think what we hear is fierce, try it from their side of the pileup.

3. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in the 60's I was on Wake Island (KW6DG) for a year. It was incessant pileups on all bands all the time. When not from the USA, the Japanese would pile-on. Even on 80 meters! (Boy I miss those days!)
    Layne AE1N

4. K0MB

K0MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yet no word yet.

5. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They're active and in my log (316 down, 34 to go).

They previously said they would take a couple of days when they first started to clear the West Coast and JA hordes, in the hopes that reduced demand would permit them better opportunities to work folks on the far sides of the wall (like EU).

6. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

They are indeed QRV...Off to the races.

7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

On 40 CW this morning they were only calling NA.

8. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

So far I've heard them only on 40 this morning around 0930z-ish. They were working JA's at that point. I haven't heard them at all on 20 yet. That path for whatever reason is kinda tough for me.

I see they did a little FT8 this morning on 20, but I wasn't home at the time.

9. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

They're on 20m FT8 now but I can't see/decode them so I'm just watching the other side of the pileup. Some folks don't understand fox/hound and are calling them repeatedly in the fox area (below 1000). According the voacap the conditions should get better in the next hour or so.. hope they stay on ft8 long enough so that I might see them start coming in..

10. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've had the rig on since I got home from work and though I can copy Baker, some of the time, on 20 CW, I am already disgusted with the lids and cops. :mad:

K1ZJH and KP4SX like this.