ad: elecraft

Kenwood TS-590S Remote Operation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KJ7USA, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-innov
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KJ7USA

KJ7USA Ham Member QRZ Page

I am trying to control my TS-590S remotely with the Kenwood ARHP software. I have opened the two ports on my router and excluded the programs from Windows firewall. I do not have any other software that may prevent these ports/software from running. The host PC is my desktop and I am using my laptop for the remote site. Everything works fine when I'm on my home wifi network. It's when I use a different internet connection other than my home's that it won't connect to either the ARVP-10H or ARHP-590 software. I have verified that I am using the correct IP address with the "ipconfig" command and using a Linksys router. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I know there are other ways to remote control this radio, but I would really like to use the Kenwood software since it is very simple to use...when it works. Thanks in advance.
  2. KJ7USA

KJ7USA Ham Member QRZ Page

After two long nights of trying to figure this out....success! The problem was with my dynamic IP address. I went to and set up an account with them and now I can connect to my rig anywhere.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.