For Sale Kenwood TS-440S with Auto Tuner (AT) and MC-60 Mic – Tech Special ?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K7LRC, Feb 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K7LRC

K7LRC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Kenwood TS-440S with Auto Tuner (AT) and MC-60 Mic – Tech Special for sale

Cosmetically, this HF Transceiver is in beautiful condition with very little wear for its age. Has built-in Auto Tuner and side-mounted handle. MC-60 Desk Mic included, also in very nice shape. Radio S/N 0070554. I have no power supply cord, so I temporarily connected the unit to a DC supply. Powers up and I hear some low level hiss from the speaker, but unit does not seem to RX after connecting an antenna. Did not attempt TX due to temporary power connection. I don't have time for another project, so I'm selling this gear for a lower price, hoping someone else can work their magic with this great old Transceiver.

$115 + S/I. Prefer local pick up in PHX AZ, BUT will ship for actual shipping and insurance cost. US PMO for payment. CONUS sale only. E-mail good on QRZ.

Other details;
    • No Kenwood power cable, power supply or speaker are included. Transceiver unit has an internal speaker and connects to as standard 12VDC supply.
    • VFO frequency and entire display is bright and seems to work well. Frequency indication blanks after changing frequency or changing bands. Not sure if this is normal or not.
    • Band UP/ DOWN buttons seem to work properly, incrementing up or down through the bands.
    • Squelch, IF shift, AF and RF controls seem to work as they should while listening to the low hiss coming from the speaker.
    • Please ask any questions in advance. I have tried to describe this item as completely as possible, and supply good photos for your review.
    • The quick sniff-test indicates that this unit is from a non-smoking shack, however, there is a hint of something else like someone 'letting the smoke out'.
    • Sold as-is, due to age of gear and limited testing conducted. As with all older HAM gear, additional restoration, repair and TLC may be needed.
    Thanks & 73

IMG_7423_1.JPG
    IMG_7424_2.JPG
    IMG_7419_3.JPG
    IMG_7427_4.JPG
    IMG_7428_5.JPG
    IMG_7429_6.JPG
    IMG_7430_7.JPG

2. W5ADB

W5ADB Ham Member QRZ Page

Howdy Larry - I'm interested in the 440, would need it shipped to Bee Cave, TX 78738. Can you provide a quote?
    Thanks and 73,
    Rob W5ADB

3. KE0NSK

KE0NSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I will take it if W5ADB

4. KP4AF

KP4AF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

good day i intereted this 440s how you ship to ponce pr 00728 kp4af tnx. send to me quote.

tele. 787 432 3015 email guzmansolarsystem@gmail.com

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  5. N2ZD

N2ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

Also interested, PayPal, Postal M/O or any form of payment you need available. Thanks Richy N2ZD

6. K7LRC

K7LRC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sale pending, however I will contact the next in line if the deal falls through. Thanks all.

7. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.