Kenwood Tr 751a parts

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K7YVS, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. K7YVS

    K7YVS Ham Member QRZ Page

    Hello i was wondering where i could find parts for item listed above
    I need the volume Sql,control any idea's on where to find one?
  2. KO6WB

    KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

    Deleted post wrong information
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. KO6WB

    KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

    Okay, got it togther now so I found that Kenwood doesn't have this part anymore, you already knew that, didn't you. When they did it was just about $20. Noboby else has this part either (bet you knew that too), but I did find what might work. There is a lot of listings on the internet for this part, mostly from TR-751 owners. Okay back to what I found.
    It's a 25K/50K dual pot and depending on how fussy the circuit is, it may work. It does not have an On/Off switch though and that could be a problem. The cost of this part is only $2.50 so it shouldn't be a problem if you just want to try it out.
    If you're interested then it's PN# CTS 1377852 at>
    Hope this helps.
    Short of buying a parts rig or stubbling into the right part this might be a good deal.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  4. W9GB

    W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

    Gary -

    When these radio controls are no longer available (from Kenwood Parts),
    such as your Kenwood TR-751 Volume; Squelch control w/ switch function (power),

    You need to determine the following:

    1. The Big 3 (Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu) -- traditionally use Japanese (or Eastern Asia) component mfg.
    Determine mfg. and part numbers -- by reading ANY marking present.

    2. It is not uncommon to find identical parts used on other radios (same mfg, different mfg.)

    3. For a control pot, you need to determine IF these are AUDIO or LINEAR taper.
    A Volume control is usually AUDIO taper, while the Squelch control is usually LINEAR taper.

    4. IF you substitute a different mfg., such as CTS -- then measurements are KEY.
    USA made parts will be English and Metric, while majority of Big 3 eastern Asia parts are all METRIC.

    5. It is possible to repair some of these control pots, that do not use conductive plastic.
    Again, parts from control pots by the same mfg. are invaluable in this DIY repair approach (don't need to be same value).

    6. Scour the surplus outlets for Japanese / Eastern Asia parts. Many resellers in Hong Kong are doing this today,
    and selling parts and assemblies via eBay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

ad: elecraft