ad: n2yo

Kenwood TM-G707A

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by NR0Q, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. NR0Q

NR0Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I moded my rig to TX from 136 to 174 MHz and to RX from 118 to 174 MHz and from 300 to 500 MHz and from 800 to 999 MHz. but i still can't tx out of band on UHF.

2. NR0Q

NR0Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I am a Army MARS member and we use many frequencies that are out of the ham bands, many are way out of the ham bands.
    Over.

3. NR0Q

NR0Q Ham Member QRZ Page

The 707 is approved for MARS use on VHF and UHF.

4. W0LPQ

W0LPQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Those of us who try to help the newer guys would appreciate some form of feedback to the problem resolution.

1. Did you try to contact Kenwood and explain the problem? Since you do have MARS authorization, and if this is passed to Kenwood, I would bet they would help, if not it would probably be the first time.

2. Did you verify the modification has been done correctly? This is NOT meant as a slam, as I personally have seen many people who did a mod, only to find out it did not work because they either unsoldered a wrong component or had a blob of solder creating a bridge across components.

Thank You..!

Bill, W0LPQ

5. KC9AWD

KC9AWD Ham Member QRZ Page

6. NR0Q

NR0Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I double and triple checked the mod and i seem to have done it correctly and i did try to contact kenwood but they havn't responed yet, I am going to wait and see if they answer after the holidays their techs could be out. I doubled checked the UHF tx range and it does go 1 mhz out of band above the band but doesn't go out below, which were i plan on going.

7. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

Only idea or suggestion I have is to --- sell or trade that individual unit for another one of the same model...or a similar model that can or HAS ALREADY been modified for the frequencies you wish to use.

No, I am NOT endorsing you operate illegally, but it appears that the ONE UNIT THAT YOU HAVE will not do what you want it to .

Good luck with your situation.

ai4ep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.