ad: vanity

SOLD Kenwood AT-250 Automatic antenna tuner, Tech Special

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N1VAU, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Vintage Kenwood AT-250 Automatic antenna tuner w/power cord and interconnection cable.

$135 VIA PayPal, shipped USPS Priority Mail (see details below)

Mates with the TS-430 + TS-440 with the supplied cable for automatic band selection.

Unit will work with any other transmitter if you place a jumper in the plug on the back, but you'll have to select the band manually. (that is how I tested it, you can see the jumper in the picture)

Manual can be downloaded here --> http://www.w0nta.com/Kenwood AT-250 Instruction Manual.pdf

Here's what I found when I tested the Kenwood AT-250 Tuner while hooked to an actual antenna and a non-Kenwood HF radio, on January 1st 2018:

The good:
    10 meters, tuned a ~2.5 SWR antenna no problem
    12 Meters same
    15 Meters same
    17 Meter same
    20 Meters same
    30 Meters okay into dummy load (no antenna even close for that band)

The bad:
    40 Meters no tune, even into a dummy load, something wrong there
    75-80 Meters No tune, as above
    160 Meters, Also no tune

The ugly:
    It will not win any beauty contests. It has nicks and scratches. See the pictures.

Less than ugly:
    Take a look at the front view picture.
    It doesn't smell and it's not covered in pet hair.
    It could benefit from a good recon. Maybe refinish to match that vintage TS430 or 440 you have?

Known History:
    Unit is from an estate of a local ham.
    I purchased it to help the family.
    It was hooked up to a Kenwood TS-430s transceiver (sold) and the PS-430 power supply (for sale in another listing)

Packaging:
    Feet and knobs have been removed and included in a bag. Unit has been properly packaged with foam packing materials and double boxed.

Shipping:
    Tuner is already packed and ready to ship VIA USPS Priority Mail only. Ship to US Addresses that are serviced by the "Flat Rate" policies of USPS. Shipped to your verified PayPal address only.

USPS Shipping insurance available at buyers cost of $2.05/$100

Payment:
    As with all vintage electronics; Sold as is, in non-working condition, for salvage or repair. No warranty. No return. I only can attest to the results of my preliminary tests for that day only, your results may vary.

Paypal only, buyer should email me for proper paypal address.
    I can be reached at "my call sign" @arrl.org

IMG_1996.JPG IMG_2000.JPG IMG_2001.JPG IMG_2003.JPG IMG_2005.JPG IMG_2007.JPG IMG_2011.JPG IMG_2012.JPG

WB9FFG, KA6SPQ and YG3DEA like this.
  2. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

SOLD

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.