ad: elecraft

Ken Philips - WX4MAN , Ex-WB2ONO (WBEN TV & Radio)

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WA2SFT, Jul 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WA2SFT

WA2SFT Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember watching Ken Philips on television in Buffalo, NY back when I was a child in the 1960's and later finding out he was an amateur radio operator when I was a teenager (WB2ONO). May he rest in peace and be remembered for all the great radio and television appearances he had, especially during the Blizzard of 1977 as he was a famous meteorologist!

- Greg; WA2SFT

Kenneth Passed away on December 15, 2018. The son of Philip Kenneth Climenhage and Charlotte Climenhage (nee Lemon); brother of Jim Climenhage; beloved husband of Sonja Philips; father of Laura Goodrich, Lynn Climenhage, Karen Folberg and Bob Philips; devoted grandfather of 10 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren. Kenneth Philip Philips was born on April 4, 1930 in Niagara Falls, Canada. He became a Meteorologist in 1951. He launched his career at wben in Buffalo, and was a beloved weatherman and radio talk show host. A gathering will be at Forest Lawn Cemetery on Monday, July 22, 2019 at 11 AM for the Graveside Interment. All are welcome.

2. WA2SFT

WA2SFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Edit Update:

Upon further investigation Ken had moved from Buffalo, NY to Baltimore, MD and changed his call to WB3AYN and then to WX4MAN. While in the Buffalo area (Grand Island, NY) he was also on WUTV (Channel 29) and was either WA2ONO or WB2ONO. Sorry for the "delayed memory" on my part.

K2HAT likes this.
  3. WB2WGX

WB2WGX Ham Member QRZ Page

MY 1966 callbook shows Kenneth Philips WB2ONO 134 Coventry Rd Kenmore NY
    RIP

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page