KC0REY

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by AB6ND, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. AB6ND

AB6ND Ham Member QRZ Page

I advertised over 100 copies of 73 magazines in sets and had a reply from Steven Hays KC0REY 224 N 11th. St Monmouth IL 61462 stating if he could arrange budget he'd like to buy them. Feeling sorry for the guy I said he could have them free and just pay UPS shipping. He agreed and the next day I shipped them and sent him an email noting UPS costs of $35.90. Nothing received back and sent him another email. His reply "I'm a truck driver will send money when I get home." Still nothing. Sent another email and got an abusive one in return.
    Frankly the $35.90 won't bankrupt me but I dislike the thought of those magazines being in his hands when there are many genuine hams who would appreciate them.
    This was in early November so I presume by now he is arranging the sale on ebay. If you see 73 magazines with my name and address on the label you'll know where they came from! Steven is hardly a credit to the Ham fraternity.
    AB6ND

2. AB6ND

Thanks for the tip Dan but polite emails reminding him bring forth abusive replies. Earlier today I had an email from another of Steves victims and I gather I'm one of at least three. I'm not talking about a piece of equipment with which he may feel was described unfairly. It's 73 magazines.
    Best wishes,
    AB6ND

3. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Roy,
    I sent the money. I have never sent you an abusive email. Perhaps you'd be so kind as too copy and paste the abusive email here in this topic. Let everybody see it.
    I have recieved a letter from you stating that if you haven't recieved the money by Jan 5 you were going to sue me.

On my last trip out west I sent you a PM explaining that I would be in your area and would be happy to bring the money to you. I did not recieve a reply.

I have lost your email address and doing a QRZ lookup on you says that you've not listed an email address.

I also pointed out that I am having difficulty (turned off) with the email address you have for me and if you'd email me at my call@arrl.net it would have been appreciated.

Again, on Friday the 30th I will be in your area and would be happy to meet with you and give you cash.

I believe (might be mistaken) that I have also given you my phone number. I dont have your's so make the call for petes sake.

You have stated to me that every deal you had with other hams has turned out bad. One even went so far as to be not appreciative enough (GASP!).

By the way Roy, Every dealing I have had so far has been a good dealing except for 2 unfortunate eBay deals. I was a lousy eBayer and happily my experience with ebay was a very short lived one.

If you truly feel that I have victimized you then I am sorry, but please Roy, work with me here.

Dan AB0RE, thanks for the vote of confidence.

4. AB6ND

To: "Steven L Hayes" <kc0rey@frontiernet.net>
    Subject: Mail
    Date: Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:04 PM

Hi Steve,

In your last email you asked me to advise you if the check you mailed covering UPS deliver cost for the box of 73 magazines hadn't arrived by Wednesday.

It didn't turn up Wednesday or Thursday, Friday or Saturday so it appears to have gone astray in the mail.

As you said you'd mail again if it didn't arrive I'd appreciate your doing so. I suggest you put a 'stop payment' on the first check and if it arrives I'll return it to you.

Best wishes,

Roy Prince P O Box 1443 Roseville CA 95678
    To: "Roy Prince" <spectrum@inreach.com>
    Subject: Re: UPS
    Date: Monday, December 05, 2005 8:20 AM

Roy,
    You should have your money by now. Stop jumping to conclusions. The
    money was sent out. If you don't have it by Wed. let me know and we'll
    work something out. Hell, I'll send you some more if I have too.
    Steve kc0rey

Quoting Roy Prince <spectrum@inreach.com>:

> Steve it appears you do not wish to honor our agreement regarding the
    > box of 73 magazines either because you don't really want them or
    > cannot afford the shipping. There are several others who would like
    > them so if I send you the money to ship them UPS to an address label
    > I'll enclose with the money will you promise to ship them for me. If
    > you will do this I'll just sacrifice the money I spent shipping them
    > to you and put it down to a learning experience.
    > Please advise me asap before UPS get too busy for Christmas.
    > Thanks,
    > Roy Prince
    >
    Steve,
    Neither check has arrived, what am I to think? My mailing address is on the UPS label, one of the above emails, shown under my C/S on QRZ and my phone number is "in the book."
    My new email address is <betroy@surewest.net>
    It would appear two letters mailed to me have gone astray, please check my mailing address.
    I've only sold one other item on this site and that went through amicably. My comments previously about lack of appreciation applys to items I have given others but failed to receive an acknowledgement.
    Prompt payment from you covering the shipping costs for the large number of 73 magazines I gave you will be appreciated.
    Best wishes,
    Roy Prince AB6ND

5. KA9MOT

OK Roy,
    I see where we are missing each other. I didn't recieve the Dec. 10th email due to "email problems" (part of the reason I just switched to cable).

I did not send the second check as I did not know if you'd recieved the first one.

Wanna meet on Friday and I'll give you cash? Or I can send it to you from Sacramento. You'll have to email me your adress for that though as I do not have it in the truck with me. Unless your info on the call sign lookup is good.

I still don't see any abuse in the emails you've provided. If you feel I was abusive I do apologize.
    Steve kc0rey

6. AB6ND

Fine Steve,
    Apologies accepted.
    Due to the generation gap we have different interpretations of the word abusive.
    Yes the mailing address under my c/s is correct but here it is again.
    Roy Prince P O Box 1443 Roseville CA 95678.
    Just mail the check but make sure you have my address copied correctly. Don't forget to add your return address on the envelope in case the second letter goes astray.
    Best wishes,
    Roy Prince

7. KA9MOT

OK Roy,
    I'll get it out to you from the Forty Niner truckstop tomarrow after I get unloaded.
    Steve

8. AB6ND

Steve, Another letter you mailed to me with your payment has gone astray in the mail. You seem to have dreadful luck with the U.S. Postal Service. The payment you arranged to mail from the 49er Truck Stop (18 miles from here) on the 30th has not arrived. As with the first one I suggest you put a stop payment on the check and if it or the previous one arrives I'll return it to you. Do you put your return address on envelopes?

AB0RE who apparently monitors this section of the forum has posted a couple of testimonials for you so I presume postal contact between he and yourself is intact. If I send a stamped addressed envelope to AB0RE could you mail the payment via him?

What a coincidence the last two letters of his c/s are the first two of yours? Perhaps that's why you two have good communications.

Roy Prince AB6ND

9. KA9MOT

Jeez Roy.......................Why start picking on AB0RE?

I was unable to get back to Sacramento (I unloaded in Lathrop, CA.@ 522 D-Arcy to be specific, look it up) and was sent to San Diego. I've been to and by several truckstops and even fueled twice. They've been running me ragged plus travel problems with the weather and I simply haven't had time to send it to you.

You will get it. Stop picking on other people who have nothing to do with this.

10. AB6ND

Steve,

The reason I mentioned AB0RE is because he offered to help and suggested the way I word an email to you.
    I've just looked up his c/s but it's not in the data base.
    That's strange.

As you were able to reply to my previous email within minutes do you have time to mail the check to me?

73 AB6ND

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.