K9IG, poor communication.

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by N8LWX, Oct 8, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. N8LWX

N8LWX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"It is not the class of license the Amateur holds but the class of the Amateur that holds the license."

@K9IG

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2019
  2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Please describe, "poor communication".

3. N8LWX

N8LWX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I Responded to seller’s ad On Sunday, October 6, 2019, 02:53:49 PM EDT asking:

“K9IG,

Does $400.00 price include coupler, shippng, original box/packaging?

N8LWX, Steve Whiting”

Seller responded: On 10/7/2019 2:32 PM EDT, GC wrote:

“Hi Steve - Yes - Coupler/Shipping/Paypal fees and in original box.

Greg

K9IG”

Advised seller: On 10/7/2019 04:34 pm EDT “ I will take it. send me your paypal info please.

Ship to:

[ personal information removed]

Thank you.”

After responding to seller and advising I would purchase the item there was no further communication.

My intentions were clear that I would like to purchase the item from the seller.

If the seller had already committed to sell to the other buyer a simple “item has been sold” would have sufficed. I was left waiting to hear from the seller as to where payment was to have been sent.

I understand sellers have no obligation to communicate to buyers’ period. In my opinion it's just a courtesy to those who have stated they will purchase an item from a seller they simply be notified the item has been sold rather than have the individual wait and wait not hearing a thing.

After waiting and wondering and rechecking the sellers ad several times it was noticed that the item had been sold. My concern is NOT that I didn't "win" the item but that there was “poor communication” from the seller. I am not claiming or asserting that the seller has done something illegal or wrong. Again, as stated I am asserting there was “poor communication”.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like first come first served.

Maybe you should have said "I will buy it.", Instead of "I will take it."

A least you are not out any money. :)