ad: QSLWorks-1

K6VHP, 'Shally', SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AD2AM, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W6CHR

W6CHR Ham Member QRZ Page

K6VHP

I knew shelly and his dad in the la area. what a loss. i no he is in radio heaven. god bless. W6CHR

2. KE6SLS

KE6SLS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Adam:

Thanks for posting the pictures from Radio Ranch. I wish you could have captured the WHOLE radio shack though! I took some pictures of his work bench and the sea of silver mica treasure just beyond the bench. I don't think most folks could ever comprehend how much Shally loved Real Radio and the hams that still use them. . .

"anything old is good"
    --K6VHP

3. WA6Q

WA6Q Ham Member QRZ Page

This man will be missed as a true Icon of Amateur Radio. His call sign should be retired and never be reissued. No one could ever take the place of this outstanding individual. I'm proud to have been one of his many friends.

73 OM ... _._
    WA6Q

4. KB6VWL

KB6VWL QRZ Member QRZ Page

K6VHP SK

I am shocked and saddened to hear of Shally's passing. We hadn't talked in a number of years, but he was one of the kindest and generous people I have ever met. He was my Elmer, my first contact on VHF, HF, CW and on 6M AM. His QSL card (my first) still hangs on my wall today. I still remember the day I first got my amateur radio license and callsign in the mail when I was 18. I drove straight across town to show it to Shally and he lent me my first radio to get on to the air. He was also my first boss when I worked part-time at the original Classic Radio shop in Eureka.

I was just Googling his call sign, hoping to catch-up with what he was up to, when I ran across this thread. I feel really bad for not trying to get in touch with him again, sooner. My deepest sympathy goes out to his wife and family. Shally was a true "class act", and the greatest amateur radio operator that I have ever had the pleasure to know.

William "Van" Hefner
    KB6VWL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.