K5TYP--Keesler AFB, Biloxi MS

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by N3AWS, Jun 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

They used to publish them each month in QST but I don't remember seeing them for years. Pretty popular feature, though.

2. K5CUB

K5CUB Ham Member QRZ Page

I was a member of K5TYP from 1987 until the early 1990's. I used to go over on Sunday afternoon's and operate 10M. I would like to get the repeater going again. I would love to get a Fusion repeater. That would allow normal analog comm as well as the Yaesu Fusion worldwide system. I think it would be a very popular room for old members to get back in touch. What do you all think about this idea? Lee, K5CUB - ex N5JUM

N3AWS likes this.
  3. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! What an idea! I'm still hesitating on VHF/UHF digital because I'm waiting for DMR to eventually squash D-Star and Fusion. But if K5TYP gets a Fusion repeater up with a Wires-X interface, I'll just *HAVE* to buy a Yaesu and a hot spot! (two things wrong with that: not Icom, not DMR... but I'll just *HAVE* to!)
    Member K5TYP 1981 - 1986

N3AWS likes this.
  4. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi everyone!

I retire on 30 Sept and so will lose my work iPhone and e-mail address. My new main e-mail will be james.walroth@icloud.com

I can do facetime on my iPAD if I have a wi-fi connection.

Jim N3AWS

5. W8DM

W8DM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats on the retirement. I came home from Nebraska and a week later, I got called back out and sent to Georgia for Hurricane Dorian!
    Well, I am back on the Gulf Coast again! Maybe mother nature will let me stay a few weeks! lol.....