K2RHK - Alan H. Rose (Possible Scam)

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by VE3YF, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VE3YF

VE3YF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi:

I am in the market for at Flex-3000 SDR and K2RHK answered my add for one. Everything looked like it was going great until he would not take Paypal and wanted a wire transfer instead. I said I would send him the $$ via Postal route and the mailing address he provided does not match the one in the FCC Database or QRZ.Com. Possibly a scam by someone using his name and callsign, Unfortunately Alan does not provide a email address in his QRZ Page. If anyone knows Alan, have him send me an email etc so I can verify if this is legit. My QRZ Page has my email address. Tnx.

73 De Mike
    VE3YF

2. K2RHK

K2RHK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike, VE3YF, is definitely right! This was a scam. Someone hijacked my QRZ.COM account, changed the password and email address, and has been trying to make fraudulent equipment sales through the QRZ.COM Equipment Wanted classifieds. I have restored my correct account login and correct email which is now listed on my page and posted a warning on my page. I've written to the QRZ.COM support staff to ask them to put a scam warning at the top of the Equipment Wanted classifieds. I hope anyone trying to purchase equipment through the classifieds is careful enough to check the page of the purported seller. I am not the only QRZ.COM member who has had this hijacking occur.
    Tnx, Alan, K2RHK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.