ad: CQMM-1

K2CON, MARK GROSSMAN - SILENT KEY

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WB2JKJ, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB2JKJ

WB2JKJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Mark Grossman spent his entire working career in the Amateur Radio industry. He was a good friend for 49 years and a member of our club for the last 31. This is a tragic story with a somewhat positive outcome thanks to Ham Radio. Remember Radio Row in NYC? Did you know Mark? The details of this sad passing are in our Apple Slices newsletter #18 which you can get on our website, www.wb2jkj.org.

2. K1LWI

K1LWI Ham Member QRZ Page

YES I REMEMBER RADIO ROW NYC IN MIDDLE 60'S WAS WERE WTC WAS SORRY MARK SK
    WENDELL K1LWI

3. K2MYS

K2MYS QRZ Member QRZ Page

I remember radio row. spent lot of time there. Harrison Radio was always my first stop. took the train from Rockaway Beach,spent all day enjoying. Our prays goes to Marks family.
    Bob K2MYS

4. W9GRN

W9GRN QRZ Member QRZ Page

My sincere sympathies to his family.

5. K3SSB

K3SSB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My thoughts and prayers go out to Mark and family. I read your newsletter, with great interest. I believe that I met Mark, when I worked at Barry Electronics (part time), when going to school, during the late sixties, early seventies. He was a seasoned counterman and a gentleman.

73, 76

Tom G, Sr.

6. WB2JKJ

WB2JKJ Ham Member QRZ Page

HI TOM:

THANKS FOR READING. YES THAT WAS THE CORRECT TIME PERIOD THAT YOU MENTION. BARRY (BARRY ELECTRONICS FOUNDER) HAD ALREADY DIED IN A BOATING ACCIDENT AND KITTY HIS XYL RAN THE SHOW.

MARK HAD A SPEECH IMPEDIMENT. THAT MAY BRING IT ALL BACK.

GLAD YOU READ "APPLE SLICES". IT COMES OUT WEEKLY SO KEEP READING.

de

JOE - WB2JKJ - & CREW

7. N2FQ

N2FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I also remember Mark from Arrow Electronics where he was a salesman down
    on Chambers Street. Always helpful in my numerous visits, he then went to Harrison's
    out in Long Island. May he Rest In Peace. Fernando N2FQ/6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.