JX7W - Work first worry later?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by DK7OB, Jun 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

JX7W is currently on 14005 - Excellent OP, but is he real? Found no info anywhere...
    Said QSL via LA7GUA - This call is not in QRZ, but maybe I miscopied it.

Would be an ATNO for me, but I hold my dance of joy for now...

OK, just noticed VE3VEE on the cluster - sig not from cor. direction.

So probably a pirate. My hope just lasted one QRZ post :)

2. DL4CW

DL4CW Ham Member QRZ Page

Recurring pirate IMO. Also known as JW2018A or JW7F , who also were excellent CW ops. Which brings up the question why people of his skills are pirating callsigns at all. We'll never know...

edit: Just do a cluster lookup on these particular callsigns

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  3. DK7OB

Hi Bernhard, nice to read you. Didn't hear you in the pile ups for quite some time...

This is not the first excellent pirate OP for me. There were HV0A, SV2ASP/A before. At least the real HV0A is in my log and confirmed by now.

ATNOs are getting rare for me. I am at 280 (since 2014) confirmed in CW, and I want to reach 300 in CW with 100W and my own station before I die or forget Morse code. My last 2 ATNOs were FT8 :-( and I have exactly 1 (DL) confirmed in phone.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow - that's truly odd, isn't it. I mean, to go to the bother to learn Morse, and have significant Morse skills, radio skills, pileup skills, and yet stop short of the "actually getting a license and callsign" stage.

Why would someone do that?

Dave
    W7UUU

5. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

To test a new AI running an automated station?

6. DK7OB

My very personal theory (without any real facts to back it up of course) is that these pirates have a call sign, maybe even a well known one, and are bored by the daily ham radio life.

Regarding AI: The JX7W AI was wonderful. When I worked him, he came back with DK? but could not get my call because others kept calling. He quickly worked the most annoying caller to get him off the frequency and came back with DK? and I completed the contact. (which I now deleted from my log)

7. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

8. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Hey I know the artist, Jeff K1NSS. :)

[​IMG]