Just Got Scammed by someone posing as K4RIQ

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KF7EUP, Oct 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KF7EUP

KF7EUP Ham Member QRZ Page

To Be Clear, I took ownership for utilizing an inappropriate process for paying this scam artist. This was not the main topic of this post. I was mostly warning people on the scam and detailed my mistakes so that maybe someone else won't do it.

I can only assume that the people that are intent on making sure I understand that I "Defrauded" PayPal have some stock in the company and are butt hurt that I did so because beating this dead horse is just not worth anyone's time. Beyond that I already gave my happy ending. Hopefully someone finds this thread helpful and if not it will disappear into the spiderwebs of time.

But to those that want to make sure that I am fully aware of my shortcomings I assure you that I am and hope you too have a wonderful and prosperous life!

2. WB4IVF

WB4IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

Not only does using Family and Friends to buy goods stiff Paypal, but Paypal (or the credit card company) pass their loss along to their other customers in the form of higher fees, so in the end we are the ones left holding the bag............

WN1MB likes this.
  3. WB4IVF

WB4IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

a

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have no stock in Paypal. I just use to like to pass on the info about using F/F and what makes it illegal. I have learned that some (I am not saying you cause I know nothing about you) just don't get it. So I really don't care anymore if people us F/F to cheat Paypal out of their legal fees. I do not understand what is so hard to understand about Paypal's TOS. But I really don't care anymore if people want to cheat Paypal and wants no protection from buying goods using Paypal.
    The rest of us have to pay for Paypal users that cheat Paypal but we pay for cheaters in all walks of life. So like I said I don't know without going back and reading if you are OK with using F/F to buy goods. If you obey the rules you are a very fine man. If you don't go by the rules then you ruin it for the rest of us.

That is my opinion. AGAIN I DO NOT KNOW HOW YOU USE F/F SO DON'T CHEW ME OUT FOR YOU THINKING I AM CALLING YOU A CHEATER. IF YOU THINK I AM SAYING YOU ARE THEN READ AGAIN PLEASE.

WN1MB likes this.
  5. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

So those who legitimately use it are the ones who loose out...?

That doesn't seem like a good solution.

I think people should understand and follow the terms of service; and not send business payments trying to cheat PayPal.

6. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

True it is bad to punish the ones that do right but how do you get people to understand? It is shown right there in the TOS and I have posted the TOS a lot trying to help people understand. Do people just never read TOS's or do people just don't care?
    I don't want to see people get scammed but people just keep doing it again and again. And this rule is talked about probably more than any other rule in the world.

John, WB0MPB

KB3VWG likes this.
  7. N0TLD

N0TLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes indeed, John -- this rule comes up more often than most any other aspect of a given 'scam'. The thing is, I think a lot of people just think they are being clever using F&F for a business transaction, selling or buying. And that carries over into buyers who agree to using F&F if the seller asks for it, thinking they're 'helping' the seller, doing him some favor. If the seller asks for F&F, you need to consider that he's asking you to cheat, and realizing that, you should end the transaction then and there. Even if it's not a scam, you have to wonder about a seller who won't handle the (relative) pittance of those fees; and if those same fees are too much to handle for you, then you need to find some other way to transact your business. Otherwise you're simply being cheap, you're ripping off Paypal, and in a scam situation, you're choosing to be complicit in your own victimization... all to avoid a few bucks in fees and/or feel like you were being clever. I really wish people would read these boards/threads once in a while to educate themselves on what to avoid, red flags, suspicious sellers, etc., before doing stupid things to get themselves into a mess.

Mike
    N0TLD

KB3VWG, KJ4VTH and WB0MPB like this.