Just a quick wrap-up on the S Line

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by AE5DX, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-sarc
  1. AE5DX

AE5DX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

After a month of continuous restoration, the S line is on the air. My antenna is now the weak link in the chain. Made 3 contacts in North America Saturday, farthest away 900 miles or so to Chicago, checked into the Collins Collector's Net yesterday and got a welcome from the president of the club. Good signal reports!

So a month ago, from these, crusty ol' radios
    [​IMG]

To a fully operational S Line in roughly a month.
    [​IMG]

Mucho thanks to Glen, K9STH, and everyone who's helped me along the way.
    My YL hasn't seen me since Halloween! :D

My shack/shop has gone through quite a transformation since March, when I first got my ticket. Now it's time to go for my Extra so I can stretch out the legs of this station!
    [​IMG]
    It isn't a nice, tidy and clean station like I see so often, it's a station, it's an electronics repair shop, and a lot of other things, but I've come a long way in 9 months :)

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good job and nice station.
    :)

3. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice job, Steve! Beautiful to look at and I'm sure it all sounds just as beautiful on the air.

73, Jim N3AWS

4. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Look at those guys shine! Great job.

5. AE5DX

Thanks guys, and I've since gotten the call sign of the SK who had it so many years ago, K5RXT. The call has been re-issued, but it belonged to the father of a friend of mine. His dad passed in 1980, so this station is in honor of him as well.

6. N6MEJ

N6MEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Remarkable work. I've enjoyed watching.

7. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

I think many more have been watching without mentioning the fact. Thanks for sharing your journey!

8. AE5DX

Well thanks fellas, it's been fun, a labor of love, so to speak. I'm really having a blast.

Next up, is a Yaesu FT-101EE. It's in pieces, in two boxes. Hooboy :D

9. WD5GWY

WD5GWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice restoration! I have been one of the "lurkers" following your progress with this
    project and I must say you have done a great job.
    james
    WD5GWY

Oh, your shack/workbench looks just fine to me. Mine seems to stay "occupied" with quite a lot
    of essentials (to me) too!

10. N9ZMO

N9ZMO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well done, great work on the restoration, Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.