JT-65-HF Procedural questions

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WB4CIW, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. VE3FMC

VE3FMC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This website is helpful when it comes to knowing who is copying your JT65 signal, on any band.

HF JT65A Logger

It is a JT65 reporting site, which accepts reception reports sent to it by the JT65-HF software.

Once you register and log in you will come to a page that can be used for chat purposes. On the bottom of that page you will see
    HF JT65 - For Info see w6cqz.org Reception Reports Database here

Click on HERE and that takes you to the page where you will see the reports.

You can look at all reception reports or just your own by clicking on the links once you register and log in. I find it very useful as I can find out how far my signal is being transmitted with various antennas and power levels.

As far as operating goes, same rule of thumb as any other digital mode. Do not over drive your signal. Watch your ALC for that.

If using JT65-HF you should have the Enable Multi-decoder box checked off when not transmitting to a station. This enables you to see all signals when decoded.

If you want to work someone you simply double left click a callsign that has called CQ in the decode box. Then enable your transmission and away you go.

Hit the Send Report button to send your report and Send RRR when you have his report to you. Then Send 73, wait until you get that in return. Then you simply hit Restore Defaults and go back to monitoring the Decode Box.

Good luck and hope to work you on JT65.
    73, Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.