ad: elecraft

JS8Call 2.0 - Multiple transmission speeds, a new multi-decoder, and typeahead functionality

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KN4CRD, Nov 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KK6RKY

KK6RKY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The upgrade to the new version went smoothly. I made a contact within a few minutes of running the new program and with a relatively strong signal went to "turbo" speed. The experience was great! I turned my power to 10 watts and "turbo" still had no problems. Thanks for the new version with options for faster speeds. I hope this generates a larger community of amateurs who will use the new features.

KN4CRD likes this.
  2. WX9U

WX9U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have installed on a Mac. Things seem to be generally working, but I notice there is no HB button and the menu items for sending HB are disabled. Did I miss a setting or? Thanks. de KZ7PDB

KN4CRD likes this.
  3. KN4CRD

KN4CRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. You have to enable HB and HB is only available in NORMAL speed (for optimal operations and best use of bandwidth).

WX9U likes this.
  4. WX9U

WX9U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you... found it and found some online documentation that is helping. 73!

5. W0RIO

W0RIO Ham Member QRZ Page

This reminds me of UUCP bang path email from the 1970s and 1980s where the email address
    was defined by a path of machines such as: pdp10!router22!bigsite!foovax!barbox!user
    (example from Wikipedia)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UUCP

That pre-dated domain name system (DNS) addresses that are still in use today with formats like user@hostname.com

Congrats on the new release, this looks like some really cool software.

6. HB9AIS

HB9AIS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Ham's. My name is Pierre HB9AIS, Switzerland. I just downloaded the software, installed it in minutes, and I immediatly saw a QSO running! I tuned a few hundreds Hz aside, and make a call.
    Oh! surprise, an answer from Illinois jumped into a little window. A few minutes later I made another QSO with an OM in Ohio! I made both QSO with a SNR of: -15dB and -23dB. Wonderful!
    Many thanks to the Software developper, many thanks to QRZ.com who informed us of the existence of such a wonder!
    As a ham, I see this software as an excellent christmas gift. Many thanks.
    Pierre HB9AIS.
    P.S: Now I must study the software a little more!