ad: CQMM-1

John W. Wade, KB6FEK SK September 24, 2015

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Sep 29, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

John W. Wade, KB6FEK SK

SK September 24, 2015

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

John Wilfred Wade

April 21, 1919 - September 24, 2015

Visalia

John Wilfred Wade passed away on September 24, 2015. He was preceded in death by his wife of 68 years, Mae Ellen (Dawkins) and survived by daughter Sheila (and Ron) Bohard, grandsons Zachary (and Heidi) and Nathan, and great grandson Carsten.

John was born on April 21, 1919, in Santa Barbara, California and graduated from Santa Barbara High School in 1936. John was known for his stories, his ability to fix anything, his detailed knowledge of history, his love of books, his integrity and his unwavering love-of-life optimism. There was always a smile on his face, a song on his lips and a wry wit in his words.

He was proud to have served as an Army Air Corp officer flying the A-20 Havoc in combat in the Pacific Theatre. He enjoyed a distinguished career with Southern California Edison and retired to travel the western states putting many miles on the motor home. John loved the outdoors, socializing with his many friends, and above all telling stories: guns, airplanes, HAM radios, engines and family.

Those of us who knew and loved him are honored to have had him in our lives. May we all honor him by living life as he did. Dad, I will miss you forever; you above all made me the person I am.

No services will be held. Please make your final salute with a donation to the Historical Aircraft Group Museum (www.1941hag.org) or your favorite veterans' organization.
    Published in Tulare Advance-Register & Visalia Times-Delta on Sept. 29, 2015
    - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/vi...lfred-wade&pid=175957149#sthash.vmald3MQ.dpuf