ad: chuckmartin

John Kanzius, K3TUP is inventing again.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K7FE/SK2017, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KA5LQJ

KA5LQJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Isn't that little retractable tray thingy on your desktop computer is for? :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D Muhahahahahahahaha!

The Debil made me do that. :D

Respectfully,

Don/KA5-LQJ

2. KA5LQJ

KA5LQJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually........

It all sounds interesting, in theory. But that's just theory. And as far as Power (Electric & Natural Gas) companies taking over aternative power technology development for profit, it's already happening. American Electric Power [AEP] has already invested into the hydrogen power generation technology. Once it's perfeketed (hi hi), you can bet your Bippie, AEP will be charging and arm & a leg for those home generators.

NOW, if Science can figure out a way to convert all the Bravo Sierra that policitans generate with their mouths, Daily, into "gasoline" or "fuel", then we can tell the Special Interest to stick it in their ear!

[NOTE: No Politicians nor Special Interest were named in this post. However, I do put the "Curse of Abdul" on them.....May the fleas of a million camels infest all the hairy places on your bodies and your arms, legs, hands and feet, shrivel to short to scratch!]
    :eek: :D

Respectfully submitted,

Don/KA5-LQJ

3. W4DNR

W4DNR Ham Member QRZ Page

I could have gone all day long without seeing the word MOOT.......
    Sounds like a hair-lipped cow.
    LOL !!
    Don WA4NPL

4. MM0GDG

MM0GDG Ham Member QRZ Page

reply to H-liberation using RF

Yo!
    with great interest i have followed all the comments - some good, others in bad taste - about this quite clever way of generationg H.
    One OM spoke about having done this kind of thing in 5th grade. How childish. And showing NO scientific knowledge or inventive spirit.
    Havin obtaind a patent myself for a solar cell optimiser I know all about being rediculed and sneered at, until I demonstrated a working model at the Offshore Oil Exhibition. Naturally being a person with very limited means, I can not afford to manufacture myself. Companies offered assistance for a lion's share of the action leaving me with a paltry 2%. Needless to say I declined, but still pay my annual patent fees religiously. What you never had you never miss!!
    By the way, my invention brings the solarcell efficacy from about 14% to 48%. A quantum leap, don't you think?
    So, here's to all amateur inventors and let the spirit of innovation flourish.
    Well done

73s

Alex MM0GDG

5. W8JI

W8JI Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps that's because the lion's share of work remains to be done. People won't rush in and slit profits 50-50 with high risk ventures that cost at minimum a lot of money and time to make practical, if they can ever become practical. It just doesn't happen.

Maybe to you using RF to break down saltwater seems like a major breakthrough, but it is not new.

The actual problem is the amount of energy required to break down the water, NOT just breaking it down.

It's tough to face the real world at times, but the real problem is return on investment. If we invest 1000 watt seconds to generate 100 milliwatt seconds it isn't cause for celebration.

6. AF6IM

AF6IM Ham Member QRZ Page

Alex,

Do you mean "efficacy" or did you mean to say "efficiency" when you claim 48%?

Have you built and demonstrated a solar cell with 48% efficiency or is that an estimated number based on theory?

Put your US patent number here or a Google Patents link so we can all have a look at what your invention is.

Seems to me if you can actually demonstrate 48% efficiency, the solar photo voltaic companies would all be trying to buy your invention.

First Solar stock has skyrocketed. They make CdTe cells. If you could boost their efficiency three fold you'd be able to name your price for a license.

I work with patents every day . I have seen some spectacular inventions licensed for 3-6% of sales. Two percent, which you say you were offered may be low, but is isn't necessarily a ripoff. You have to be careful in defining the royalty base, the number upon which your percentage royalty is based. If you have a great car combustion invention that tripled efficiency, you'd want 5% of the car price, not 5% of the engine price.

IBM just announced what they call a breakthrough concentrator lens system for solar cells. It is combined with a cooling system for the cells.

Good luck with your invention.

Mark

7. VE7VPX

VE7VPX Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree full heartedly with MMOGDG, too many sceptics with hearsay knowledge

Talk is cheap and even cheaper, if you can not come up with specifics.
    Where is your spirit of inventing? to do so you must keep an open Mind. Guess its not the same as in the Good old days when we experimented and came up with new Ideas that were tried and respected by others. We then had to earn our license now you just buy an factory built transceiver. Just because your government and or high school or university tells you it can not be done?
    Do you blindly believe them? They have a doctrine and have to follow it to the T. If so, I can only feel sorry for you ! That way of thinking is stale.

Go and Google Stan Meyer and watch or read and analyze its content but I guess some of you critics that have nothing better to do but to argue will still remain Status Quo.
    If you come up with the Argument that you have done this Experiment in School long ago ,that is cheap talk. Proove it! give us perticulars like frequency,wattage,Method of coupling, Frequency (Audible or subsonic)
    Wave shape etc. type of modulation. Until then.......... I will be polite and not say what I think.
    Next time if you wish to comment intelligently , please come up with material facts, then we may take you seriously.
    I tried to reproduce Kanzius water burning experiment Rf alone wont do it.
    Get a Life all of you Critics and try it yourself maybe that will convince you that what Kanzius has discovered is new and not ancient Knowledge.
    VE7VPX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.