ad: wmr-1

JIM WHITE, KM0X longtime radio personality SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W0SVS, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W0SVS

W0SVS Ham Member QRZ Page

Jim KM0X ----read zero--- (previously W0NJB) passed away recently in CA from complications of an illness. Jim retired from radio station KMOX in St. Louis and resided with his wife in Orange Beach, AL

2. K8MRT

K8MRT Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sorry to hear of this. I grew up in St. Louis listening to KMOX and Jim White - what a broadcast voice. - Karl KD8GOX

3. K5AHH

K5AHH Ham Member QRZ Page

--I always enjoyed listening to him at night. I especially enjoyed it when a caller would ask how he was, instead of just simply answering "fine, thanks", he would say something like "we've already established that at the beginning of the show". lol. It would have been much faster and nicer to just say "fine, thanks", but that's part of the reason I listened to Jim. I don't listen to much AM broadcast anymore, I wonder if there is someone out there that is quite similar to him. R.I.P., Jim

4. K2FO

K2FO Guest

Sad News

I lived in Upstate New York, but I listened to him regularly. I enjoyed his manner and liked him even more when I found out that he was a ham. Thanks for many hours of enjoyment, KMOX and KM0X. Chris K2FO

5. WA4MZE

WA4MZE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear about Jim.
    He lived close by & I had met him severl times.

Vic WA4MZE
    Gulf Shores, AL

6. WA4MZE

WA4MZE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I meant SEVERAL.

Vic WA4MZE

7. WK5X

WK5X Guest

I'm sorry to hear about Jim's death. I started listening to Jim in 1975 at the age of 15, from my hometown in coastal Mississippi. He ended up retiring to a town only 60 miles away from my hometown. I even called in a few times. I worked him once on 20 Meters while he was running mobile near the Arch.

RIP, Jim.

8. N9AZZ

N9AZZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good bye Jim

I grew up listening to Jim on KMOX, and later in life I had the pleasure of meeting him and enjoyed dining with him on several occasions. His voice and presence will be missed.

73 Jim

Flip N9AZZ

9. K9OIC

K9OIC Ham Member QRZ Page

73 Jim

My wife and I were saddened to learn of Jim's death. He was a part of a great memory in our lives. We met through his radio show "Date Line Saint Louis" in November, 1983.
    Sam, k9oic
    and Carla

10. WK5X

WK5X Guest

I used to listen to dateline. I believe it was on Friday evenings. I had a good friend that I met on dateline. I ran up huge phone bills talking to her, but never got to meet her in person.

"Life is good". "Have whatever kind of night you want to have". Those were some of my favorite Jim White quotes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.