ad: Retevis-1

Jeri Ellsworth, AI6TK is interviewed by Tim Duffy, K3LR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Jun 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    KD5RJZ likes this.
  2. AI6TK

AI6TK Ham Member QRZ Page

Haha. I get asked that a lot. I have most of the footage, but lacking the time right now to edit. :)

KD5RJZ, K0TWA, WD3N and 2 others like this.
  3. W7ASA

W7ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeri, your video that I remember most had me laughing out loud in amazement, when you showed how you had been cooking-up silicon semiconductors in (what looked to me like ) a toaster oven... excellent and welcome to ham radio.

73 de Ray

Ps. As a mag-loop-o-holic, I'm also looking forward to your loop, pt. 2.

N2NH likes this.
  4. SM7IUN

SM7IUN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm also so looking forward to the continuation of your magloop video on Youtube, Jeri. I'm planning to build a QRP version to use on my many travels. Random wires are hopeless in city center hotels, you completely drown in man-made noise.

5. AI6XN

AI6XN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are the best Jeri !

AI6TK and N2NH like this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Censoring can be self-censoring. I think she did a great job conveying the facts without making anyone look bad. The 'hidden gore game' story is hilarious! Like something out of the TV show SILICON VALLEY.

K8XG likes this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Re-flow ovens are needed to attach -- 'solder'-- surface mount parts. Its common to use toaster ovens because they are far cheaper, but the temperature gradients are too extreme. Some people hack the toaster ovens and put in low-flow tiny muffin fans.

WA7PRC likes this.
  8. W7ASA

W7ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

GRIN - Believe me, I'm very familiar with reflow ovens. What I found fascinating was related to this:

"Jeri Ellsworth’s YouTube channel, where she demonstrated
    how she had made some home-brew silicon transistors a few
    years ago. “After I saw [Ellsworth’s] videos I started to make
    a plan of how I could actually start to do this.”

I have 'geniuses' at work who couldn't make a bologna sandwich from a kit of parts,with instructions, so Jeri making home brew semiconductors, well, that is simply amazing and enjoyable to see.

73 de Ray ..._ ._

9. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video Jeri liked the joystik story, been following you on twitter years ago