ad: elecraft

Jamboree on the Air, Questions and Call for Suppor

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Aug 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Michael KG4KOW writes "

Greetings,

I am a fairly new Ham, only been licenced since 11/00, But I have been involved with the Boy Scouts for over 12 years now. I have just recently just gotten back in Boyscouts as an Adult Leader, I'm only 23, and have learned of a wonderful way to combine my 2 most favorite things. Jamboree On The Air is held annualy on the 3 weekend of October. Unlike National and World Jambos that are held every 4 years and cost lots of money to go to this is an easy and inexpensive way for Scouts and Adults to make contacts with People accross the country and even across the world.

I have taken it upon myself to organize a local happening of this event. I have asked friends of mine that are involved with the Local Club here W4IAR for their help with this and are waiting their response. We had a great turnout at our Field Day and I was hopeing to have it work out like that.

What I would like to ask everyone that reads this is to Post any experiances that you have had with this event in the past or plans for this year. Also, if any of you have any storys of just doing any events with the Boy Scouts.

Also, I would like to admonish all of you to lend your time and knowledge to you local area Boyscouts if asked or even if you want to seak them out and start your own JOTA. Who wouldn't like to have more than one "Field Day" in a year, right??

Here are some Url's that might help you.
    for moe info on the BSA and how to find people in your area goto:
    Boy Scouts of America

also for more info on JOTA here is the ARRL's site about it goto:
    ARRL's JOTA Site

Thanks for reading this long Post.

73's

Michael KG4KOW

Eagle Scout c/o 1996"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.