ad: Radclub22-1

Jack Gerritsen - ex KG6IRO - gets 7 years

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

'Jammer' Jack Gerritsen - ex KG6IRO - gets 7 years

Hello Ham Radio Community,

This is to inform you that the Federal Case against Jack Gerritsen (Ex-KG6IRO) is now done, pending the appeals process by his court appointed attorney.

As you will remember, Jack was convicted back in December 2005 for 6 Federal crimes.

Today, 9-18-06 at 1:45 P.M. at the Roybal Federal Court, 255 E. Temple St, Los Angeles, Room 850, there were approximately 16 hams and Law Enforcement represented at the sentencing, as well as Mr. Gerritsen's family.

Prior to sentencing, Mr. Gerritsen's addressed the court stating "I would like to apologize to the Government, the FCC, and the Amateur Radio Community, ......I'm sorry and I apologize to everyone here".
    The Judge listened to the defendant's attorney who recommended 2 years for his sentence as a more than appropriate sentence for this case.

The USDA Lamar Baker said that based on his prior actions / convictions, the government recommends that the term of 46 months (3 yrs, 8 months) would be a more appropriate sentence on this case.

After the Judge heard both arguments, he brought down the following statements/sentence:

"How many times have you said you would not do this again"?  "But based on your history, you come back again and again for this. I believe you will continue to do it, and it would send the wrong message to others, that 5 years is not long enough either!"

"Your 15 prior misdemeanor convictions, transmitting from the roof of the Court House, bringing a suspicious package that was blown up at another federal building, including the possible loss of life when looking for a missing vessel and when the Red Cross had it's disaster, that this is all significant enough and substantial to bring the following."

"You are hereby ordered to pay a fine of $225.00 to be paid immediately, and on count 1, you are fined $15,000.00 to be paid through the Probation dept."

"I sentence you on, Count 1, (U.S. Title 18, Section 1362, Transmitting on a Government Freq.) for a term of
    84 MONTHS (7 years), with 2 years supervised probation upon completion of your sentence. On your additional counts, they will run concurrent with count 1."

"You must participate in substance abuse (Drug treatment) and alcohol classes/program, paid for at Mr. Gerritsen's expense."

"You can not use any moniker including his previous Amateur radio license call sign. You can only use your real name when identifying yourself."

"You can not OWN, POSSESS or USE any radio broadcasting equipment."

Mr. Gerritsen will be on 2 years supervised probation when he gets out of Federal prison, and it is the court's recommendation that he remain is custody in the Southern California area.

Be Safe,
    Deputy Burton Brink-N6USO
    Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept.
    Owner/Licensee of the 145.440- 136.5 (Tone) Repeater Sunset Ridge, Southern California
    www.n6uso.com

Daily Amateur Radio RSS News Service:
    http://www.southgatearc.org/

Add News Service to your Website: http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/index.htm
    Add News Service to your PC: http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/newsreader.htm
    Upload Your News Items: http://www.southgatearc.org/news/your_news.htm

2. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Isn;t this being discussed on a different thread?

3. W8ZNX

W8ZNX Ham Member QRZ Page

FREE JACK GERRITSEN

no justice no peace

Mac

4. N4QA

N4QA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, isn't this double-indemnity or somethin'?

5. W5JON

W5JON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It toot a very long time, but another "Social Misfit" gets what he deserves.

Now will comes all excuses .... it was his parents fault, it was his teachers fault, was the govenrments fault, etc. .....

I was Jack's fault, and he got what he deserves , and he is where he should be....

John W5JON

6. W1GYF

W1GYF Guest

If we can lock up Jack, then why can't we lock up the War Criminal In Chief???

7. W9GRN

W9GRN QRZ Member QRZ Page

Sad [​IMG]

8. K3UD

K3UD Guest

Well Lyndon Johnson is dead and McNamara (of the inflated body count fame) has distanced himself from it but is still guilty of knowing that the war could not be won and failing to even mention it to Johnson. It was Johnson you were referring to.........

George
    K3UD

9. W8ZNX

W8ZNX Ham Member QRZ Page

i rest my case
    it was
    John W5JON's fault

Free Jack now
    no justice no peace

Mac

10. N6BHU

N6BHU Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it was NOT Jack's fault -- it was ours. This is how we treat our elderly, and this is how we treat those who are not mentally sound. We've become a barbaric, intolerant society of thoughtless, selfish creatures, and it sickens me. Our current government is a reflection of how the people of a leading nation have allowed their own leader to lower the standards of life and living worldwide, by their own apathy and cynicism. Maybe some of you could re-think this? (Or did anybody think in the first place?) PEACE

...Dave, N6BHU

11. N5IKG

N5IKG Ham Member QRZ Page

Was this guy violent? Was he a danger to others physically? Did he use weapons?

12. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice weather we're having...

13. N5TJZ

N5TJZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, interfering with emergency communications endangers the lives of many. Do you not see that as a problem ?

14. N6BHU

N6BHU Ham Member QRZ Page

When was the last time you saw a dangerous, violent 68-year old man? One clue: nearly all his transmissions involved criticism of "the shrub" (G.W. Bush) and the wrongdoings of his administration. Perhaps that made it easier to overlook his age, and the likelihood of mental problems when they gave priority to him over other radio-spectrum violators?

...Dave, N6BHU

15. w8cbc

w8cbc Guest

...and by all indications, Jack Gerritson is one of them.

I'm all about due process and giving everyone a fair and reasonable chance. I am dead-set against capital punishment. I am left of centre in many, many ways.

One of my core values though is personal responsibility.

Jack mightily screwed up. He's shown beyond a doubt that, given a chance, he'll screw up again. I think seven years in the jug may be a little excessive but something had to be done about the guy. Perhaps he'll come out in 2013 with a better attitude toward those he with whom shares this world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.