ad: MyersEng-1

J69Z/K3LP

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by J69Z, Jan 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. J69Z

J69Z XML Subscriber QRZ Page

J69Z Ernest would like to thank all 464 stations that took time out to be part of the event in memory of K3LP David Callingham. it give me great pleasure knowing i did and will counting to have this event every year in the memory of Dave. I'm now looking for a sponsor for my QSL card for this event. I took up this event on my own and will continue even if i dont get a sponsor. again i would like to thank all. David Callingham will live on forever.
    J69Z Enest

2. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Very fond remembrances of Dave's always friendly voice checking into our evening fast break round-table QSO's on 3770 kHz and in pile ups on DX'peditions. Wish I could have taken up on the many invitations to join him. What a great role model, not just in Amateur Radio, but for all mankind.

A quick google shows a David Collingham Memorial Foundation has been set up, "Helping children participate in sports". They are holding an Inaugural Gala in VA next weekend.

Ernest @J69Z, your OTA special event is a thoughtful idea. Best of luck with it. I hope to QSO you next time.

73, John, WØPV

PS - note Dave's last name is properly spelled Collingham.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  3. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I always liked Dave. He was a real "Great Guy". He's quite worthy of the recognition. Ernest set up a "go fund me" page and I'm sure many will contribute.

Erika KØDD