It's one thing to trash talk Ham radio here, but to do it publicly......

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K5TCJ, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You say I do constant, trolling, put-downs and other ignorant, stupid, baseless descriptions of contest operating are completely inaccurate.
    You say I insult yet you are implying I am stupid, ignorant, and make baseless comments. Please cite example of my, "constant, trolling, put-downs and other ignorant, stupid, baseless descriptions of contest operating" and how they are completely inaccurate. Remember you used the words constant and and completely. You got more insults?
    If you want proof of my ability to pull information through QRM, QRN, check my log.

2. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe a PM would be useful right now.

3. K1OIK

Who is John?

N6QIC likes this.
  4. W5WN

You can always peek.;)

5. K1OIK

Oh, I know who you mean. Almost everyone here is worth reading, even though many are critical, some even personally insult, I read those because they are intelligent, many more so than I. I did say many, not all. For example N2EY is on my case frequently, but I know he is very talented, even though he has no use for me that doesn't make him unworthy of reading.

6. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And for what it's worth, using the "report" feature is a lot more discrete and anonymous than continuing to blaze away in the thread.

N6QIC and N7ZAL like this.
  7. W5WN

It's hard to not watch a trainwreck in progress.

WU8Y, WG7X and W5BIB like this.
  8. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

To be fair, the only real tool that the mods have here is to shut down the thread. Why should a thread be locked when there are others in the thread who are meaningfully discussing the subject? Just because one or two people are having an argument, it doesn't mean the thread has no discussion value.

And 'Z threads are far more tame than many Internet forums, for sure, personality-based arguments notwithstanding.

And if you have troublemakers who are known to make "revenge" comments on other forums such as YT, then restricting their ability to post here becomes a very two-edged sword, because it almost ensures having to contend with their comments in some other forum over which the 'Z mods may have no control.

N2EY likes this.
  9. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

10. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you. This reminds me of a pack of pitbulls. I am not a Burt fan but this isn't right. I have him on ignore so I do not know what he is doing that may fuel the fire but this is a personal attack and as such needs shut down.

N6QIC and N7ZAL like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.