Is GlobalQSL operating?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W1JA, Oct 5, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. DL1OO

DL1OO Ham Member QRZ Page

....does anybody know the status of GLOBALQSL?
    After joining early last year, I received messages indicating that two bundles of cards were sent by end of August 2018 and end of September 2018.
    However none have have arrived at their different destinations yet...!
    3 status requesting eMails have not been responded to....
    Does anyone know what happened to the company???

vy 73, uli, dl1oo

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't had much QSL activity with them in months but my last ones were sent out in March 2019. I only have one pending to go out and its to Ecuador which isn't a busy location. It has been pending since October.
    I also ordered blank cards in December and March. December order was very slow and March order was faster than typical.
    This is a part time endeavour for Azar and I imagine that with the general slowdown in QSLing activity he isn't spending much time with it.
    If you want faster, more accountable service, try Q-DURE https://qsl.ure.es/en/ Roughly the same price as GlobalQSL.

3. DL1OO

DL1OO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Bill, tnx for reply.
    I am talking abt a total of 357 QSL cards which did not show up yet.....!
    I would at least expect receiving a response to my inquiring eMails....
    vy 73, uli, dl1oo
    +++

4. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I mean no offence, but your 'wondering' is the answer to your own original question.

This topic has been discussed here, and on eHam, for some time. They may still be in business, and I truly hope they are, but service quality is not what one would expect.

5. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do understand that it may take a long time for cards to transit thru the bureau system. Often a year plus in good circumstances.
    Azar is not good with communications. I don't know what his native language is. Certainly not English! He's not likely to respond to queries about why cards take so long thru the bureau system.
    I'm getting reply cards in these days for cards I submitted years ago. Submit a QSO to yourself. It would be surprising to receive your own card in less than a year. Part of that is his service, part is the postal service, part is the efficiency of your own national bureau system. It all adds up.
    The site shows 40 cards being sent to me over the past few years. I have only received a few of them and I know my local bureau is quite efficient. There's definitely cause for concern. I have received some replies using the QDURE system in 6 months!

6. DL4CW

DL4CW Ham Member QRZ Page

I've received several cards from German stations through Global QSL the other day. The QSOs were all made in early 2018. YMMV