ad: vanity

Is GlobalQSL operating?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W1JA, Oct 5, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

See if the DARC service will allow you to purchase credits for later use. DARC is the German equivalent to the ARRL. The site is in German only. Google translate may help.

https://qslservice.de/shop/

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No, I'm not positively sure since I haven't 'ordered' yet. I only have about 40 at the moment to send and they can wait here just as easily as they can wait there. :)

3. KP4SX

Ok, I just placed an order with QDURE. I had previously registered and set up a QSL image to use for printing.

First off, you can store your QSOs there and there's no charge until you hit send. You can actually select exactly which ones you want to send at any given time and you are billed after doing so. I used PayPal.

I uploaded 113 QSOs from my log for Oct and Nov that had already been parsed manually using ADIFMaster. Of these 113 , 2 bounced although I'm not sure why. Says No Bureau...one is a Spanish station and one French. Whatever. My total charge was for 107 cards so I guess that means that there were a couple more going to the same station that would go on the same card just like GlobalQSL does.

They billed at 0.09 Euro per card plus added VAT of 2+ Euros which I need to figure out why. Maybe that's where the 0.11 euro/per card for non-members is calculated. Came out to US$13.69 on Paypal so basically the same cost as GlobalQSL.

4. KP4SX

Continuing along...today 20 Dec I received an email from Q-DURE saying my order had been processed and now all of my cards are 'in the bureau'. I take that to mean that they have been printed and are now in the outgoing stacks.

5. VA3VF

I would agree. It took 19 days from order to being placed in the outgoing slot. It may seem like a lot in this age of electronic confirmations, but it's not too bad.

Did you include one card to yourself? That would give you an idea of how long it takes to reach the destination, North America at least.

6. KP4SX

No I didn't because I wasn't sure if it would be accepted. The ARRL doesn't do US>US cards and for buro purposes KP4 is considered US. URE might accept it on their end, in fact there was a KP4 inadvertently in my submitted list, but I don't know what happens later. I've received a couple of US cards via the bureau but I gather they just let them pass rather than get upset about them :)
    Can you do VE>VE bureau QSLs with your bureau?

7. VA3VF

I cannot remember when was the last time I used the outgoing bureau. A quick check seems to indicate that VE to VE is not allowed.

8. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

As is Hawaii. However, I receive a surprising number of stateside QSL cards through W7 Bureau. My opinion is that the cost for the ARRL bureau to send out stateside cards to stateside bureaus is likely a bit less than to the overseas bureaus, and the sorters' inattention probably plays a role in this too.

9. VA3VF

The 'problem', or limitation, is not using the incoming buro, but the outgoing. Is it not?

The other US station, or service used by the other US station, likely mailed the cards directly to the incoming buro. One can do so, no need to go through the outgoing buro.

10. W1JA

W1JA Ham Member QRZ Page

Relevant for U.S. hams: Effective 15 May 2019, ARRL will roll back the Outgoing QSL Service fees to 2011 prices. $2 for 10 or fewer cards, $3 for 11-20 cards, 75c/ounce for 21 or more cards. No service fee. http://www.arrl.org/Outgoing-QSL-Service

73, John