Is continued bickering on HRD forum really necessary??

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W2AI, Apr 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That appears to be human nature from a sociology viewpoint to prove one's "superiority". I see these traits displayed on these QRZ forums on a routine basis.

W5BIB likes this.
  2. W2AI

[​IMG]

K1LKP likes this.
  3. W2AI

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This thread has been reopened - expunged of all the utterly off-topic stuff that often populates some threads :)

Out of respect to the OP @W2AI who had every intent for this to be a meaningful discussion, let's give it another go in that vein and try to keep it civil and reasonably on topic.

:)

Dave
    W7UUU
    [Wearing my Moderator Hat]

W1TRY, W2AI, K1LKP and 1 other person like this.
  5. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

I love these many page threads on the site. My employment with a telecommunications equipment supplier is based on the continued need to expand bandwidth. So please keep posting. Oh, and lot's of pictures too.

6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ham Radio Discussions (not the Ham Radio Deluxe Forum, which I first thought you were talking about) is simply not that rough a place. The Mods do a good job, and if there's genuine trouble, they put the kibosh on it. I mean, as bad as it usually gets is somebody getting a little heated about contests or maybe somebody whining about the prospect of some Technician somewhere maybe getting some "free" privileges.

Are you new to the Internet? If not, do you know or remember Usenet? Now THAT could be rough. Even in places like the birding forum. ;)

If moderation becomes too heavy handed, guess what happens? The forum dries up and blows away. I think it's pretty much at the correct level here.

I've heard far more angry discussions at the local clubs than I have on the Zed. ;)

7. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

never mind.

8. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, but... a post of mine with a good number of likes got blown out, impacting my Likes : Posts ratio. Argh. There, a complaint on a complaint thread.

(btw, if everyone who liked that post could like this one then that would work also)

K7MH and W7UUU like this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There.... I just "liked" your post :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N1BCG likes this.
  10. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I need to replace the 3 likes I lost, Dave.:D:D:D:D:D

Edit 1: Thank you. One more.:rolleyes:

Edit 2: I'm joking about wanting to have them replaced.:)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 6:36 PM
    W1TRY, W3WN, K7MH and 1 other person like this.