ad: elecraft

Invalid State

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KK4GGL, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When I try to save a QSO with w1aw/3 and enter the sate as DE, I get the following error:

The State you've entered for the other party: "DE" is not a valid state. Please use the correct 2-letter abbreviation.

When I try so save the QSO with no state I get :

The State you've entered for the other party: "" is not a valid state. Please use the correct 2-letter abbreviation.

I have successfully saved entries with W1AW/3 prior to this, the last one 4 1/2 hours ago.

2. W4TGV

W4TGV Ham Member QRZ Page

The same thing is happening to me with K0AWU.

"MN is not a valid state......."

KK4TGV

3. KZ4EX

KZ4EX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ME too K4wal

4. AI6IN

AI6IN QRZ Lifetime Member #88 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Same with W1AW/5 this morning.

5. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just used the locate button on the receiver page and set coordinates in Delaware. I was then able to save the QSO. I have no idea what real effect this had, but at least the QSO is saved.

6. IW2DZL

IW2DZL Ham Member QRZ Page

The same to me,but for all QSO ??????????????:(

7. 4Z5UY

4Z5UY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am trying to log a QSO with I1ZGC and I get the followint message:
    The State you've entered for the other party: "" is not a valid state. Please use the correct 2-letter abbreviation."
    But I didn't enter a state, I1ZGC is an Italian station not an American one....

8. W4TGV

W4TGV Ham Member QRZ Page

It worked for me now. I THINK I went into my logbook and typed in "K0AWU" and then clicked "Add QSO" instead of going to K0AWU's QRZ page and clicking "Log a NEW contact with K0AWU."

Anyway, so long as it worked.

de
    KK4TGV

9. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Just tried to enter ZL/DJ7TO and got the same error. Another glitch, hopefully fixed soon.

Bill

10. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, I apologize for the inconvenience.

The Awards preview has shown that many people are finding records ineligible for awards because one person input incorrect data. An example being: I put in "ARI" instead of "AZ" for Arizona, now our records don't match for state, and the record becomes ineligible for the United States Award.

The fix action we made works on our development suite, but when moved to our production environment it broke.

I'm working on resolving this right now.

Temporary solution: If you get the error, and click Save a second time, it will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.