ad: elecraft

Interview with Don Keith N4KC on Hunter Killer movie

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4FMH, Mar 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K4FMH

K4FMH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

VE3YF and K5GV like this.
  2. AF7ZA

AF7ZA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you Frank for posting this. Already today I again learned some new things. I had not heard of ICQ Podcast, nor did I know of Don Keith. Thanks again for posting. I'm looking forward to hearing more podcasts and seeing Hunter Killer. 73

3. K4FMH

Thank you for the kind words, William. The podcast drops every two weeks (the British fortnight) usually on a Sunday. We have two teams of presenters who alternative the bi-weekly roundtable. There is a news segment prefacing the roundtable discussion of amateur radio topics followed by a feature. With the two teams, you won't hear the same voices each time, etc. We welcome you to become a regular listener at icqpodcast.com! 73 K4FMH

4. W4RJJ

W4RJJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, thank you for posting this. It's been a great honor for me to meet and talk with Don several times here in Birmingham, AL. He is truly an incredibly talented man. Writer, radio broadcaster, and a heck of an Elmer for ham radio. He's always so patient with my ham questions and
    gives me detailed answers that represent decades of his knowledge. And congrats on the movie Don! I enjoyed it so much. Hadn't actually been to a theater in years, but this movie pulled me in there.
    Thanks again Don Keith for your hard work and for letting us all enjoy your many talents. 73. W4RJJ

K4FMH likes this.
  5. N2GJ

N2GJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I enjoyed the book and the movie. I don’t know (or really care) how realistic stuff like this is. I like to be entertained! 73 DE N2GJ

6. 4Z1UG

4Z1UG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I recorded Don's amateur radio oral history almost four years ago next month in Episode 39 of QSO Today.

I love his comment about his movie, "a 10 year overnight success". Thanks Frank for your interview. 73 - Eric, 4Z1UG

K4FMH likes this.
  7. KK0DJ

KK0DJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Though the screenwriters added some pizazz to the movie that didn't follow reality, the movie was genuinely well made. The acting was great and the book's story-line was adhered to enough to have not been distracting to the movie viewer. Being an veteran cold-war era nuclear submariner it was quite enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing more books and films of this type from Don in the future.
    Dennis
    KK0DJ
    RM2(SS) U.S.S. Haddo (SSN-604)

8. K4FMH

Dennis,

Thank you for your service to this country. I saw on Don's Facebook page that two follow-up books to Firing Line (released again as Hunter Killer) are in the editorial hopper. Haven't heard about movie rights but with the continued success of this one....

KK0DJ likes this.
  9. K2WO

K2WO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just rented the move last week. It was great! Thanks for the great interview.

George
    K2WO

K4FMH likes this.