ad: QuirkyQRP-1

IMPORTANT FCC Issues Request for Comments on EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS BY AMATEUR RADI

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD8KQH, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K6OK

K6OK Ham Member QRZ Page

I like your theory but I don't think it applies. In their year 2000 denial of ARRL's petition, FCC made it clear they were drawing a line between local government rules vs. HOA/CC&R private contracts. Federalism vs. regulation of private industry. For whatever reason FCC felt comfortable exercising their authority government-to-government in a vertical fashion (federal down to local gov't), but not comfortable regulating private contracts (even though they had the authority to do so). I see your point, that many HOA's function as a quasi-government, but ultimately HOAs are private corporations.

2. W4SKB

W4SKB Ham Member QRZ Page

Try to find any homes without CC&Rs in the Metro Atlanta area... try maybe 30 miles outside Atlanta.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  3. K0JS

K0JS Ham Member QRZ Page

So true of newer (decades old already!) housing stock virtually everywhere near civilization. And as for the moral argument that one is certainly free to seek non-HOA residency elsewhere, regardless of personal cost, the same argument no longer applies to municipalities thanks to PRB1. Beginning to wonder why the FCC ever bothered themselves. Whenever I get the blues over this, re-reading Pentel vs Mendota Hts perks me up a bit.

4. N4UM

N4UM Ham Member QRZ Page

5. N4UM

N4UM Ham Member QRZ Page

2200 petition signatures 4/29/12 @ 2120Z

6. WB4MDX

WB4MDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad, only 94 comments have been sent to the FCC re this issue as of 5-2-12. Wake up guys, take the time to file a comment with the FCC. I did today. Write a letter and save it as a file so you may attach it to the comment.
    Speak now or for ever hold your opinion. We need more than 94 comments!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.