Import ADIF file from Eqsl

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by 2E1ADT, Jun 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. 2E1ADT

2E1ADT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Can someone please help. every time I import a ADIF file from Eqsl it doubles up my confirmed log entries on QRZ but it adds a new record under the original, I have posted an example. thanks for any help in advance. Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 07.41.27.png

2. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't know how to help--but I've had the same problem. And if I import LoTW, it creates another duplicate entry.

QRZ users can go in and confirm logs on the QRZ Logbook, but QRZ doesn't accept eQSL entries for log credit; QRZ does take LoTW confirms as log credits.

So, you can put in the eQSL ones, and hopefully there are QRZ Logbook users in those QSOs that will confirm through QRZ, but a lot of people don't.

It is possible to delete a record, but you'd have to do it one by one.

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

They are not duplicates; they are separate entries.

Duplicates are determined when a match exists between the incoming record and an
    existing record in the database where:

The two callsigns match -and-
    The operating BAND is the same -and-
    The operating MODE is the same -and-
    The QSO DATE is the same -and-
    The QSO Start Time is the same to the minute.

Duplicate Rules:

If the duplicate has not yet been confirmed, the incoming record REPLACES the existing one.
    If the duplicate is of a confirmed record, it is IGNORED.

4. 2E1ADT

I should have said, the top qso on the screen capture with G4LNA it is a confirmed contact but it still doubled up the contact.

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Confirmation takes place when date/time is within a 30 minute window of your worked party's logbook record.

Your two records might pass that test however inasmuch as their date/times exceed a one minute window they are not duplicates. If the two are intended to be the same QSO then the entry methods you are using fail to maintain the same time, hence creating a different QSO.

6. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

2E1ADT likes this.
  7. 2E1ADT

Its a pity QRZ cant do something to sort this out, I will not be renewing my membership this year as they don't seem to care much about putting something in place to stop this from happening.

AF4K likes this.
  8. W1DQ

It is not complicated. The logbook user has entered (either manually and/or by importing) more than one record for the same QSO that differ in time by one or more minutes. The solution is for the user to make only one entry per QSO.

9. KJ4VTH

Respectfully, what are the chances that many people (the QSLers and QSLees, so to speak) each submit multiple logs and that each record meets all of the QRZ.com requirements (emphasis added below)? I've submitted the same ADIFs to LoTW and eQSL and don't see dupes and triplicates there.

The two callsigns match -and-
    The operating BAND is the same -and-
    The operating MODE is the same -and-
    The QSO DATE is the same -and-
    The QSO Start Time is the same to the minute.​

10. KJ4VTH

Kelvin, hope you don't quit over an apparent misunderstanding. I am remiss in renewing myself.

Hopefully QRZ.com find a solution rather than resort to claiming "user error, not our problem".