I'm having trouble with Omnirig and my FTdx-3000 and WSJT-X

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W4ATX, Jun 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. W4ATX

W4ATX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have seen several references to the "supposed" fact that the supplied Omnirig profile for the Yaesu FTdx-3000 has errors. I've tried that original file, the "fixed" edits from here https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=119424.15 and the FTdx-3000-DATA profile.

All 3 give the same issues. When I transmit using FT8 and WSJT-X the radio frequency drops down 500 hz. For example, if I'm on 20 meters the default frequency is 14.074 000. As soon as transmit is triggered by CAT, that frequency changes to 14.073 500. When transmit finishes, it jumps back to 14.074 000. Occasionally, it does not jump back up to 14.074 000 and starts a never-ending downward cycle of dropping 500 Hz on every transmit.

Pulling my hair out! Apparently others have seen this behavior...what am I missing?

2. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

You're only missing that WSJT positions the rig's frequency in a range that best suits it's SSB bandpass. Because your rig is dropping in frequency during transmit, you're choosing stations on the left-side of waterfall (or lower/lowest in frequency). If you choose ones at the other end of the waterfall, you'll see the transmit frequency go up. This is normal ...