I'm going to Ireland!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD2AFV, Jul 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

OK already !!! I wuz wrong.! The ITU allows amateur operations from 144-146 MHz in region 1.
    IF I were going to that, or other Regions, I WOULD Check current frequency allocations, as they are sometimes different than those of us in Region II, which is most of the U.S.

3. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know what's happening. It sounds like you think I'm hassling you. You've replied three times to my one and only post about it here. Maybe the forum is doing weird things for you.

4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Medication...

5. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

On a positive note, there are no shortage of 807 tubes in Ireland!

6. KN4SKF

KN4SKF Ham Member QRZ Page

Having had a honeymoon, and having visited Ireland, although separately, I would not bother to bring a radio. You will have plenty of things to occupy your mind. IMHO.

7. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Truth: I built a Heathkit keyboard keyer on The Wifoid v1.x's and my honeymoon while she read some books, but it's not as bad as it sounds: we had been living together for over a year already; we went to Mammoth Mountain (in California) in April, so most of the snow was gone by then so we didn't get to do any sledding or other winter fun stuff we had planned to do. The honeymoon was just a vacation from work.

8. N1NA

N1NA Subscriber QRZ Page

I can't address the republic but northern Ireland is still part of Great Britain. I did request a license for GB and was issued a G5 call, and had a ball meeting new friends. Club meetings were usually held in a pub. I did have a US extra class license.