Illegal high power HF amplifiers

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by N8FVJ, May 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. SP5RZM

SP5RZM Ham Member QRZ Page

I operate with 4 W on 80 m . It`s possible.

Jerzy sp5rzm

KU3X likes this.
  2. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

How do you know some do it? What did you do about it if you know they are doing it?

Somebody is getting away with something is so often a theme. It leaves a sour taste.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    N2EY likes this.
  3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know of ANY car (yet made) that can outrun a police:confused: helicopter.:rolleyes:

4. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are plenty that actually could - on the salt flats or something. Helicopters of the type usually used anyway aren't that fast. But you're right in practice of course.

I had a cop once tell me the old Police Interceptors and such were a thing of the past simply because "they can't outrun the microphone."

K6LPM, KD2ACO and NE1U like this.
  5. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

Helicopter newscaster "we are kinda keeping up with him" "Thank God I have this lens doubler so we can keep an eye on him" "Honestly I have lost track of him"
    "well we have lost him he simply is going too fast to keep up with him in our helicopter"

The POLICE Helio lost the car before the newscopter! Likely because the news bird has superior long range telephoto optics compared to any wider field of view optical devices that a law enforcement ship might happen to have on board.

However a radio signal isnt any faster at 2.5 kW than it is at 100w!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    WD4IGX likes this.
  6. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

deleted

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  7. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

I know I am commenting on an old thread, but..

Only 2 grand to run 25K watts?

Cheap fun!

8. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

There is NO SUCH THING as an "illegal high power amp." it is USE by an individual outside the amateur limit legal limits outputs that makes the operation illegal, :rolleyes:

To take it to an extreme, you COULD have a 100,00 Watt transmitter with capable of input power, but as long as it has only 1500 Watts of OUTPUT, it would be a "legal limit" amp.

N8ZL likes this.
  9. N8ZL

N8ZL Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wondering how many of the "law abiding" Hams ever break the speed limit on the highways and interstates? There seems to be more to worry about in Ham Radio than a guy running a few db over legal power speed limit.

WD4ELG and WD4IGX like this.
  10. N8ZL

N8ZL Ham Member QRZ Page

3cx3000 is a good bottle, but the 3cx5000 is better. Check the specs.

K6LPM likes this.