IF input

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by SA4MDN, Jan 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. SA4MDN

SA4MDN Ham Member QRZ Page

RSP1A, i have this working on my TS990 using the receive antenna port, also have it working on my TS830 using the IF out at 8.83 MHZ, but for the life of me I cant get it to work using a Yaesu ft-101E using the IF out at 3180 KHZ, does the RSP1A work at this IF,

Happy New Year

2. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sure. But there is always the possibility yours is defective. Does it work in the broadcast band? (Assuming the band of abiut 500 khz - 1.5 mhz is the broadcast band there.)
    Also have you experimented with the if gain setting on it and the preamp?

3. SA4MDN

SA4MDN Ham Member QRZ Page

Reply I got from the SDR play forum,

The RSP1A is very sensitive at this IF frequency. Reset the registry of the SDRuno software (under OPT in Main Window). This will put SDRuno back in the default condition for all workspaces and settings. Put your Yaesu on a band with activity and tune to a signal. Then plug the RSP1A into the IF output from the Yaesu and set the SDRuno frequency to 3180 kHz. with LSB or USB selected. Make sure the IF AGC is checked (main window under SETT) and that Attenuation (RF Gain Reduction) slider is at bottom position. Increase the Attenuation (RF Gain Reduction) if the AD overload warning is on in the Main window.

Too which I answered

I have the outputs from the 3 radios going to a switch so I can switch between whatever radio im using at the time, if I have to reset every time I want to use the Yaesu and loose the settings I have for the KW 990S and have to reinput them again, which I also use with Omnirig, I think I will just keep the Yaesu out the loop and keep it old school, if you know what I mean.

So im just gonna leave the Yaesu out, I just don't have the patience with this PC software stuff anymore