IE 7 HELP

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by W4BD, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4BD

W4BD Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I need a little help!! All of a sudden my Favorites went a way off my desktop. I can view them but they are in a much smaller box than before and they are over my desktop data. I want them along side my data and the full length of the page and the width adjustable like they were.

Also while I am here how can I stop the Windows XP updates from automatically installing when I shut the puter down. If fact this may be the cause of my problem. We lost power and when I got home I had to restart the puter and the Favorites were messed up and XP was updating.

73's

2. KC7UP

KC7UP Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't help you about the Favorites but on the installing updates specify "custom install" when the updates download. You might be better off using Firefox.
    Curt

3. AB1N

AB1N Ham Member QRZ Page

To change your Windows Update settings, go to the Control Panel, open the Security Center and choose the Automatic Updates link. From there, you can control whether updates are downloaded and installed automatically; downloaded automatically but installed manually; downloaded and installed manually; or disabled altogether. I'd probably recommend the "download automatically, but let me choose when to install them" option.

I'm afraid I can't help with the IE7 favorites problem, either, as I use Firefox, too...

4. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried IE7. It was a mess. I dumped IE7. Went back to Firefox and haven't looked back (except the second version of Firefox 2.0 which locked up, but that's all better now).

...and he lived happily ever after.
    [​IMG]

5. n1ydx

n1ydx Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder if you have gone to Add/Remove Programs and clicked on IE7 and taken the 'repair' option?

I thought I saw it there one time.

N1YDX - Lee

6. W4BD

W4BD Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I have looked till I am blue in the face and still can't find a way to fix my favorites problem. I even re-installed IE-7 but it didn't help.

I don't want to try and learn a new system like FireFox or others just now. I have enough problems with MS stuff. I am really pushed for time right now in the Summer.

73's

7. W4BD

W4BD Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I just solved my favorite problem by going to the MS website and I stumbled onto an answer. On the Favorite center there is a little green arrow over on the top of the favorite box and it says PIN and clicked on that and there was my favorite box along side my screen which is what I want. Maybe this will help somebody else on down the line

73's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.