Idiom Press still in business??

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by WA6NPA, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-Waters
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
  1. WA6NPA

WA6NPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Purchased a SCAT-1 on January 11th. The product never arrived. Been trying via email and phone calls to contact Idiom Press. Left voice messages and no email returns for over a week. No return calls or emails from Idiom. Wonder if they are no longer in business.
  2. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you do eventually receive it I hope you like it better than I did. I pawned my SCAT-1 off on roughly a week after receiving it............Wasn't impressed with it at all, your mileage may (hopefully) vary.

Tom KC├śW
  3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Idiom Press is one of those Ham Run businesses that are secondary to the person running it. In other words, it's not his day job. After the Dad passed the business to the son, this has been his way of doing business. You'll likely get the filter before an answer.
  5. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Correct or find him on Skype.
  6. F4GZJ

F4GZJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Fully satisfy until last week with my IDIOM Press interface Board allowing YAESU G-1000 DX rotator remote control via HRD 5.24.
    Unfortunatly during waranty timesome failure happen mahing the remote control impossible.
    Requesting for repair instruction as indicated on product note, untill today i get no answer from IDIOM Company.
    Product seems cheaps, working fine and easy to install but unfortunatly service and support are poor... May be because of cheap priced devices ?

In fine I decide to repair by myself and after replacing the EIA-232 DRIVER/RECEIVER chip (MAX 232IN) everything works again.
    When you have any communication problem try this solution, it's also very cheap.

Christian HONNONS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.