Identifying packet cluster networks

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Propagation, Cluster, & Other Softwar' started by NQ4S, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. NQ4S

NQ4S Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been working to setup DXLab's SpotCollector on my newly reactivated station. One thing I really like about this application is its ability to monitor multiple telnet packet nodes (up to four) as well as one irc node. I thought I had a good collection of nodes until I started monitoring them more closely and realized that most of them were on the same network and were providing duplicate information.

This discovery started me investigating unique collections of packet networks out there. Best I can figure so far there are two major networks out there with one running AR-Cluster and the next DX Spider node software. I haven't done any in-depth monitoring or digging yet to confirm these networks are not cross linked but so far it looks good. A third software package CC Cluster shows up on a few entries but I don't know if those nodes are part of one of the other networks or their own.

I've found a site which lists quite a few DX cluster servers as well as what software they run. Unfortunately, it does not say what network of nodes these servers belong to.

Has anyone run across a list out there which identifies the unique cluster networks in operation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.