Icom R7100 Memory Management?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by W3YHF, Apr 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. W3YHF

W3YHF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello — before I give up, has any one recently seen software that will manage/backup/load memories onto the Icom R7100 and functions in the current world of Windows 10 etc.?

There are many old forum discussions about freeware options that no longer exist.

TRX-Manager does not seem to manage memories, just rig control.

VK4ADC’s Icom Memory Manager was promising but sadly it is throwing wicked, infinite loop errors in Windows 10.

Anyone have any leads before I go back to my Whistler scanner? :/

Thanks,
    Eric
    W3YHF

2. W3YHF

Well, I stumbled upon Spectrum Commander by Signal Intelligence. It seems to work nicely, reading and writing memories from the IC-R7100. I don't like the price tag but there is a free evaluation period. We shall see how this goes...

3. BA9BF

BA9BF Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you still using such old equipment?

4. W3YHF

Um, yes.

5. W3YHF

One final update on this topic in case another person comes along trying to figure out how to program their old IC-R7100 (and many other Icom models including R700) via PC.

Search for ICOM Memory Manager by Paul Lutus. It is a program written in Python. It requires a tiny bit of work under the hood to change a little bit of code (e.g., name of your spreadsheet with your frequency list). If you have dabbled in programming, it should be easy for you. It works and, with a bit of trickery, even manages the memory banks.