Icom ID-5100A Mobile Install

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, May 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

I certainly will, and thanks for the invite. By the way, nice Signal Corps pin..... I was Ordinance Corps.

AK4PY likes this.
  2. AE2B

AE2B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok I'm no novice but ill be damned if I cant figure out HOW TO PROGRAM IT FOR 2-440. Ill program left side 2m right 440. In doing so what ever side I program , it mirrors the opposite side over writing my presets. In other words I cant get a left and right separate 2-440. ANY HELP would be so appreciated
    Eddie Barra vAE2B

WJ6F likes this.
  3. AK4PY

AK4PY Ham Member QRZ Page

I don’t have a 5100, but I have a 4100 and know that it has a memory banks feature. I’m betting that the 5100 also has a memory bank feature. Create a bank with 2M objects and assign it to the left side. Create a bank with 70cM objects and assign it to the right side. Mission accomplished! Good luck!

KD5BVX and WJ6F like this.
  4. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice radio and install and good advice from others - that's what ham radio is all about. Sharing, learning, growing, improving.

WJ6F likes this.
  5. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

There have been so really good recommendations on this thread and I will be doing a video on the "cleaned up" install.

KD5BVX likes this.
  6. W5TTW

W5TTW Ham Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's really nice but I'm waiting for the windshield heads-up display.