ad: UR5CDXcom-1

Icom IC-765 + SP-20

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N1JR, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. N1JR

N1JR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have low hours use mint Icom IC-765 HF Transceiver (sn 01967) for sale. I am the original owner. It is in exceptional condition physically and electrically. Rig was kept as backup during most of ownership period. Never used in smoking environment. I sent the rig to Mike Nadeau (N1EQ-see eHam) in 2009 to pre-empt known 765 issues and improve the radio. Mike performed a thorough "tune-up" including replacement of 7 plastic trimmer caps on PLL and Main Units with ceramic units, replacement of relay RL13 on Tuner Relay Unit, realignment of reference osc, VCO's, DDS LPL, BFO/carrier osc and carrier balance, replacement of both lithium batteries and addition of a jumper plug to ATU battery (to allow easy reset), and checked alignment including RX gain and ATU settings. Mike installed the W2ISB PBT modification, installed an optional Icom CR-282 high stability oscillator, and installed an Inrad Roofing Filter Modification (Inrad cost $175). Also, I had Mike replace the original Icom filters with the better Icom FL-80, FL-44A and FL53A filters. All of Mike's work is documented and will accompany the rig.

I also have the Original User's Manual and an Original Service Manual. Rig comes with Original IC-765 Sales Brochure and the Original Icom 1990 Amateur Products Catalog with the IC-765 inside. Rig has all original boxing.

Also, offered is a matching SP-20 matching Speaker with Audio Filters (and Original Instruction Sheet). IMG_1023.JPG

I don't think you can find a better condition IC-765 anywhere. (By the way, you won't find a better radio technician than Mike Nadeau, either.) I have retired to smaller quarters and need to shrink the station. Transceiver and speaker offered at $1275 plus shipping. Email jsrobbins@earthlink.net to discuss or for telephone number.

2. N1JR

N1JR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Rig is SOLD. Many thanks for everyone's interest.

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.