ICOM IC-7300 Review and Full Walk Through

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by VA2PV, Oct 27, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello everyone,

Here is a complete overview of the ICOM IC-7300, a very good affortable HF radio with the latest SDR technology.

73 Pascal VA2PV

IC-7300_review_thumb.jpg

SM7NBO, AE6SS, FRANZ0335 and 14 others like this.
  2. K9GLS

K9GLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Reviewing a product that was released 4 years ago? Timely.

K9FV, K8UA, KN4QHZ and 6 others like this.
  3. NU4R

NU4R Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems every other QSO these days, another 7300.

The Kenwood TS-440 of the 21st century?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    K4XJ, K0UO, WW2PT and 1 other person like this.
  4. K0OKS

K0OKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Should I review my Swan 500? It’s been out about as long...

N8DC, WB9YTG and PY2RAF like this.
  5. K3TEE

K3TEE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for an excellent overview. It was high quality and at the right level of detail not to become boring after 10 minutes or so. As such, it's perfect and pertinent for new owners of the IC7300 like me. I've watched other videos on the IC7300, but yours stood out as a good one for new users to start with before viewing more detailed and slow-paced videos.

WRT to some of the others comments you've received on this video, I agree with what K9GLS stated on QRZ, October 12, 2019: "There used to be a day when you uploaded a video to youtube as free content and that was it. Now people bitch if it's not Netflix quality or filmed in 8k with proper jump cuts and a certian time frame less it didn't get to the point fast enough. It doesn't take rocket science to adjust your own volume but people have to bitch if it's not perfect to their own liking. Kind of like here where you can't have an opinion without some asshat windbag having to argue."

Keep up the good work, Pascal, and thank you for making the effort to help other hams!

K5JOA, K6QAZ, K9FV and 15 others like this.
  6. VA2PV

VA2PV Ham Member QRZ Page

I know this is not a new release radio, but I buy the radio I review so it has to suit my needs. I'm doing this for fun and went with the IC-7300 as a carry around rig, for me it's new. I also got many requests to review this popular radio, so why not.

73 and thanks for watching. Pascal VA2PV

K5JOA, KN4EDY, KC3FJE and 20 others like this.
  7. KD2ARU

KD2ARU Ham Member QRZ Page

Pascal,
    Thanks for the review. Although not the latest unit on the market, there are a lot of them for sale through dealers not just ebay or QRZ. Your review helps those on limited budgets evaluate the real value.

ZS6GU, KD2KIQ, W4QBQ and 2 others like this.
  8. AA4MB

AA4MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When I first saw Pascal's posting, I thought, "Gee ... just what we don't need. Another review of a radio that's now been out for years." I guess I had little to do this evening, so I bit on the lure.

What I was pleasantly surprised by was one of the most complete reviews I've seen to date on the 7300, without all of the needless repetition in so many other reviews. I've watched video reviews in which the operator/producer/commentator droned on and on about the same feature ... over and over. When I was 5 minutes into Pascal's review, I realized he had already covered about 40% of the features which the average operator really NEEDS to know before deciding whether to buy one. However, the piece de resistance for this viewing was the quality of the video and the great audio. I don't often see a review in which almost the entire screen is taken up by the radio being reviewed. He was very understandable, too.

I really don't care that this review is for a radio which has already been reviewed ad nauseum; it's an excellent piece of work and more informative than 90% of the other reviews I've seen on the 7300.

Thanks for your hard work, Pascal!

- Matt, AA4MB

K6QAZ, ZS6GU, K3MRK and 9 others like this.
  9. G7DAZ

G7DAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just checking i'm in the right room....yepp just had another check on the TAB at the top (the blue one; off-centre to the left; 4th one along) the one that says Radio Amateur News
    So where is the News ? or is the QRZ News section now doubling as a gear "review" section :rolleyes:

FWIW no i didn't watch the "news" ....seen/read hundreds of "news articles" about this rig on Youtube/Eham.

73 de G7DAZ (Darren/Daz)

K8UA likes this.
  10. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thread moved to “Reviews”