ad: Stlouis-1

ICOM 751 battery

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KC7UP, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-innov
  1. KC7UP

KC7UP Ham Member QRZ Page

Can someone tell me whom it is that sells the DRAM replacements for the IC751. I had a battery short out and now need the replacement board.:rolleyes:
  2. W4HAY

W4HAY Subscriber QRZ Page

This what you're looking for?

The 751 is a nice radio!
  3. KC7UP

Thanks for the info Herman.
  4. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Curt -

You already have the link for the original EX-314 replacement board by Roberto Nardo, IK2RND

There are other popular US based suppliers and options
    (Piexx, Wilco, replace battery and reprogram the RAM by VU2SBJ)
    that can be found here on Adam Farson's Icom web page:

Here is my summary document (PDF) for the options

N2CBU - Information and Tools to reprogram the RAM
    The specific file (ZIP) for the Icom IC-751(A) must be acquired from VU2SBJ, here:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  5. KB9XN

KB9XN Ham Member QRZ Page

Icom 751 and 751A battery / ram replacement

Go to: and locate the replacement you are looking for. They also have a CAT CONTROL for the 751/751A

Install the board, install your CAT software and away you go.

73, Howard
  6. KC7UP

Many thanks to those whom responded to my question. I got a immediate response from IK2RND. However not wishing for PayPal exchange I decided to use Piexx. Saves time and frustration. 73's
  7. K4EEZ

K4EEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Curt... good to hear form you
    I rebuilt my 751, as it had a few problems display not working, and some of the functions controls etc etc due to old age, replaced some dried out ele caps on the display board, there are 2 large Ele type cap's near the Dc input on the main board, i also replaced them with NEC 3300 uf and also fixed the logic / Cpu board and link cables, while i had the radio apart i also add a small CPU cooling fan that circulates the air flow and keeps the boards and components KOOLER i also used an resistor so the fan dont act as a vacuum cleaner hi hi, I also replaced the Icom versatile ram with a custom EEPROM board but wanted you and others to know that you can get the EEPROM program so it will Rx from 0.001.0 to 54 MHz
    if you ask who ever is programming it for you, i am sure they will accommodate your needs

all this dose is open up the Rx range
    not sure if you or others knew that or not ???

if you, or anyone on here need help with the 751, manuals etc etc please contact me
    De K4eeZ

ps good to see your still posting Curt, Very 73

Click on the picture below
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.