ICom 7300 SD Card Recommendation

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by W5DP, Jun 28, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W5DP

W5DP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What size SD Card should I get for my IC 7300? The book shows anywhere from 2 GB thru 32 GB.

I don't think that I will be storing QSO's, but in the least, I do want to save my settings and assigned memory channels, plus RTTY and Voice Macros.

Tnx.
    Dusty
    W5DP

2. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been using a 16GB class 10 card for the past year. Lots of config files saved, no problems.

W5DP likes this.
  3. W5DP

Thankyou!

4. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

yeah, I think mine was an 8gb basic nothing special card, and it worked just fine.

W5DP likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Totally nothing special card here and works great as well

Dave
    W7UUU

W5DP likes this.
  6. W5DP

Thank you guys! I guess all I have to do is look around and check out for prices.

7. G0GSR

G0GSR Ham Member QRZ Page

There are so many fake SD cards around, even from "trusted" sellers.
    I bought one which was marked as and detected as 16G but in fact had less than 2Gb of real storage,
    The cards firmware was hacked to lie about its capacity and the system would blindly keep writing files, a lot of which were not subsequently readable.

Always test new SD cards for speed and capacity on receipt. There are plenty of free utilities to do this.

Frank

N0YPD and W5DP like this.
  8. W5DP

Thank You, I will do that!

9. W5DP

Update: I went to Best Buy and purchased a 32G San Disk. Good price too! That was the smallest card they had. All the others were large ones.
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions!