Icom 706IIG Tx on 70 Mhz

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by 2E0HKU, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. 2E0HKU

2E0HKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

Anyones Icom 706IIG transmit on 70mhz like mine [​IMG] it is fixed at 30 watts nothing alters the power

Cheers

Sam

2. GW1FJI

GW1FJI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sam,

The IC706mkIIG is not designed to TX on 70mhz, In fact you will probably find that it pruduces some serious out of band signals. I read a report that said it can generate a HUGE sprog on 110mhzish, in the air band.

And anyway, with your callsign you should know your limitations. Need I say more? [​IMG]

3. KW7DSP

KW7DSP Ham Member QRZ Page

This is from E-Ham (KW7DSP)

The Danish National Regulatory Agency, ITST, has permitted radio amateurs in Denmark to operate on the 70 MHz band.

Three frequencies are possible: 70.025, 70.050 and 70.100 MHz.

Maximum power is 25 W.

Spectral width is maximum 10 kHz, i.e. 25 kHz standard FM radios cannot be used since max deviation of 5 kHz and 3 kHz modulation will violate the SW.

Also The UK uses this band (KW7DSP)

70 MHz Band Plan (UK) Frequency Allocation Frequency Usage 70.000 to 70.030 Beacons 70.030 Personal Beacons 70.030 to 70.250 SSB and CW only 70.150 Meteor Scatter Calling 70.185 Cross-band Activity ...

There is also a plan in South Africa (KW7DSP)

70 MHz Band Plan for South Africa

The 70 MHz spectrum is under discussion with ICASA with regards our level of access to this band. The only restriction is that of antenna polarisation, must be horizontal to prevent interference with other users outside our borders who still retain 70 to 70,300 MHz for commercial operation.

70 mHz is also used with many commercial converters for Satalite work. (KW7DSP)

4. KB7QWZ

KB7QWZ Ham Member QRZ Page

is it possible the original poster meant 70cm?

Dave [​IMG]

5. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

The 706 has 70cm already. In Europe and some other places - apparently including South Africa - the 4m (70 MHz) band is open to amateur use. The TV allocations are different over there. For the longest time they did not have access to our 6m band. Crossband contacts with Europe did happen - the US stations transmitting on 6m and the European transmitting on 4m. Now there is increasing access to 6m over in Europe.

Hopefully you find that info useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.