IC-7300 Split Question

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KG4USK, Oct 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KG4USK

KG4USK Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, that was covered in the original post. I'm not sure how else to explain my question.

Example:
    Icom 706 - VFO set to 7.004. Long press "SPL". Turns on split and sets VFO B to 7.006.

Icom 7300 - VFO set to 7.004. Long press "Split". Turns on split and sets VFO B to 7.004.

Maybe I'm just being nit-picky, but if DX starts calling UP or a fresh spot hits the cluster, I want to be on it quickly!

2. KK7AMB

KK7AMB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like you have step one. It appears like step two should be to then hold down the "XFC" button to set the offset, which you should see in the bottom right corner (per section 4-13 of the PDF manual I just Googled).

3. KG4USK

Thanks for the response, but it doesn't really relate to the question. That's how I normally have to set offset either with XFC or just swap VFOs.
    Like I said I'm probably just being too picky about it, but it was a nice feature that I liked on the old '706. Just surprised the new radio doesn't have it.

4. KG4USK

Looks like I can get this to work in FM mode only... I wonder if Icom will consider my request when or if they release a software update LOL.

5. WG8Z

WG8Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I have to side with Luther on this.
    7300 has some counter intuitive FEATURES.
    But as long as they keep selling like hotcakes don't expect ICOM
    to do squat.